Just a Idea!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just a Idea!!!

So these fans you are talking about are available at boat stores? They are fairly powerful?

As far as those tires...it is going to be very close...but I don't care.....it is one of those things I am just going to MAKE work somehow. I am so tired of having tire envy with these other 6x6's! The front two tires are the only ones I am concerned with...so I may have to get spacers..just an inch or so should be enough. Should be interesting though.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

I'm not familiar with the hustlers but can't imagine how you get away without outside air ducted to the engine cowling.. if the engine compartment is closed up and for summer use. Liflod and I use marine blowers, mine from Boater's World. They are vane type blowers rather than squirrel cage type, only pull about 4 amps and move a lot of air. In 3 and 4" diameter. We don't use them for engine fresh air supply, though.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

BTW, I am about to buy some 25x13x9 Vampires...gonna make them fit no matter what. How much space do you have between the inside of the tires and the tub? [ quote]

boncrshr ,

My friend Dan ( mightlymaxIV ) has 26 " Vampires on his Max IV , and they run true to size , not like the Argo or Max tires from the factory that run short . At low psi these tires are WIDE . Dan has to run aluminum spacers to run these at 2 psi . At this psi , the Vampires are about 13 " wide on a 12 " rim . Dan likes 2 psi better than 3 psi , because of the great ride the Vampires give at this low air pressure , and also the outstanding traction these tires give as they flatten out over logs in the swamp . He can run the Vampires at 3 psi and have enough clearance between the tire and the lower tub ,, with out using spacers , but its real close . When a tire is really close to the lower tub , gumbo clay mud , the kind that clings to the tires , will give your clearance problems .

Hey Mudbug,

So what is your guess as far as these tires on the Hustler? Russh has 12.5" wide tires, these will be 13", but they are 25" tall. The rims I ordered from MattO are 10" wide.

This reminds me of the time when I was a kid and was determined to wear Floaties around my ankles instead of my arms, in my young engineering mind I figured I could balance perfectly and have my arms free...look good for the chicks and all. My Mom got tired of me pestering her and told me to go ahead, and it did not work out so good

The way I figure it, I can put up to 1/2" spacer and just bolt on. If necessary, I will buy some larger ones...but I am determined to make this work. It will greatly increase my satisfaction with the Hustler, I won't always be wishing I could have bigger tires...My design buddy has a big sheet of 1/2" aluminum, and he is going to cut some spacers out so that next time we get together, we will just bolt them on...if this is not enough does anyone have a good source for inexpensive wheel spacers???

Also, do ya'll think it will be easy to sell my set of Kenda Bearclaws?? I should prolly just give them to JP, the patron saint of homeless AATV's!

what size are the Bearclaws???? My cousin is building a ampicat and will be needing tires!!! he is tireing to stay stock, but Bearclaws!!!

They are 22x11x8....awesome in the mud, but do not swim at all!

OK you have my attention!!!! how much$$$??? do the rims come with??? Do you have any pics??? You should see this. the unit my cousin "the boat freak," is building litteraly came in a box!!!! Completely torn apart, disasembled!!!! He is doing a complete restoration on the thing. So far the frame and drive train is done. YOU COULD EAT OFF IT. He is planning on a water fowl type camo paint job. This rig is going to be cool as hell!!! I will get pics this weekend

Are you sure he would not mind the no swimming ability?

The rims would be included, here is a pic...mine is on the right with Kenda's, the one on the left has 22" Rawhides..

hustler rebuild 001 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

Are the rawhides for sale to??? how much???

I think Dan bought his 3/8 aluminum spacers at Pep Boys . Maybe Dan will comment on this .

+ Reply to Thread