First time owner

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time owner

First time owner

Hi,
    My name is Mark. I am new to AATV's but I love all things mechanical. I just purchased my first 6x6. It is a Hustler 980. Although it appears to be in very good shape, it is a project. I was told the engine would run but giving the fact it is missing some components, like a starter, I am counting on it being bad. I hope the t20 is good but if not, just another fun thing to learn about. You can see pictures and follow my project on my blog 6×6 Amphibious ATV Project | Mark's Blog
    While there, checkout some of my other projects, like my 72 T/A build, a couple of CNC builds, Quad copter and other random stuff.

I look forward to picking the brains of the 6x6 gods on here and hope to be able to share some learnings as well.

Hi Mark, welcome to the site. Congratulations on your Hustler. It does look to be in good shape. The good news is that, looking at your other interests, you are mechanically inclined enough that the internals of the Hustler will be very simple if there are any repairs needed. The T20 is also a pretty simple transmission to work on if needed. I look forward to seeing more photos as you get the Hustler up and running.

Thanks Mike!

Updated with pictures and a video
    Mendingthings.com

See it run and an update on the build at my blog
    Mendingthings

First test drive

+ Reply to Thread