New Hustler Owner

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Hustler Owner

New Hustler Owner

Greetings! I was recently looking for parts for my 3 wheeler when I came across a unique find out in the snow. The parts guy said he thought it was a hustler 6 wheeler but didn't know anything else about it, except it was missing some parts. He said I could have whatever was there for $75 so I loaded it up and brought it home.

I think it is a 1969? Anyone able to give me any information from the pictures I have attached? Once the top thaws, I will send a photo of it as well. It is faded red.

Thanks for any help as I am excited to see if I can get it together!
    Attached Images

According to the Hustler 6x6 brochures, the newer style Hustler was introduced in 1975 so yours should be between 1969-1975. Perhaps one of the Hustler experts can verify that and maybe help you with a more accurate year.

Thanks for the reply. Here are a couple pictures of the top. Sorry for the snow but I haven't cleared out enough space in the garage yet
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jasout; 12-04-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Looks like you have an old 880 there.
    I have two of them. They both have T-20 transmissions. I've never seen a drive like the one in yours. Kinda looks like a Baker-Hill or similar. As Mike said,perhaps one of the Hustler experts will chime in.

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering since the T-20 seems to be the only transmission I see in these hustlers. Also wondering about the Hirth motor.

Here is that trans in a May 1970 publication.
    http://www.6x6world.com/images/6x6-a...-article-3.jpg

Thanks for sharing the article! That looks like the setup I have. I pulled the rest of the parts I collected out of the shed and found the transmission.

Finally got the snow and ice cleaned off so I am ready to start my new project. This is going to be a special build for me as it will be the first project with my youngest son. He has been battling bone cancer the last 3 years and is currently in remission so this will be an enjoyable time for us both.

Thanks for all the help!
    Attached Images

If you check out the old Popular Mechanics magazine article with the Hustler on the cover, the model they covered had the same drive system and a jet pump. I had one of the old fiberglass Hustlers with a T-20 and the jet drive powered by some 440 twin 2 stroke.

+ Reply to Thread