Wiring for Afro hustler 1970 ish

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiring for Afro hustler 1970 ish

Wiring for Afro hustler 1970 ish

Hey Argo guys.... I'm new to this forum Infact all and any forums/blogs. I just was givin an old Argo hustler. Early 70's just not sure what year.... The wiring is non-existing and I can't find any wiring diagrams on the Internet that I understand.... Can anyone tell me or give me a straight forward answer?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jgiovannoni2480 View Post
    Hey Argo guys.... I'm new to this forum Infact all and any forums/blogs. I just was givin an old Argo hustler. Early 70's just not sure what year.... The wiring is non-existing and I can't find any wiring diagrams on the Internet that I understand.... Can anyone tell me or give me a straight forward answer?!?!?!?!?!

Post a picture if possible and the engine type so the guys have a clue what you have, wiring may change a bit due to engine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I don't have a picture but it's the kholer440ax 2stroke . It has 2 external coils a voltage regulator a silinoid an electric starter and head lights and a turn key ignition.... Theres 5 wires that come off the key, 4 wires on the voltage regulator and 7 wires going into the block.... And that is all I got.... Sorry and thanks. Hope some one can help. My email is jgiovannoni2480@gmail.com if that makes conversation easier for anyone!!!! Thanks again

Is this an Argo or a Hustler? Is the engine in the front or the back of the machine?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Well ****, I thought they were the same thing. The side says hustler on it... But I have a bunch of paper work that says Argo?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jgiovannoni2480 View Post
    Well ****, I thought they were the same thing. The side says hustler on it... But I have a bunch of paper work that says Argo?!?!?!
    An Argo Bigfoot will say Argo on the side and have the engine in the front. A Hustler Bigfoot will be able to fit at least 26" tall tires and will look stupid with anything smaller on it. It will say hustler on the side and have the engine in the back with a t20 transmission right in front of it.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

If it looks like this it is an Argo

If it looks like this it's a Hustler (900 pictured) Though there are minor body variations to some models

If it looks like neither, well, then it's not a 70's Argo or Hustler.

Again if you could post a pic ( after reading the post "how to post pics") it would be helpful, many machines used the Kohler and there is a manual. The wiring from the switch may be machine specific.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    A Hustler Bigfoot will be able to fit at least 26" tall tires and will look stupid with anything smaller on it.
    Well crap... I was just getting to begin liking the 25" Rawhide IIIs on my 'Foot. Back to the 27" Sexecutioners baby! Ride quality be damned; it's better than looking stoopid.
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-02-2015 at 03:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread