Hustler 960-hk

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hustler 960-hk

Nice machine , how's it go?
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Should go good once I get the chains on. Been fighting them for two days now and have gotten nowhere. I cant seem to route the back ones without rubbing the frame. If I cut the chain one shorter, it can't reach back across to tie the master in. If I leave the chain as is, the idler makes the chain rub part of the frame. Cant seem to figure out how it goes exactly.
    I hope to get it done today.

I may have to sell it when its done though, I found a 70 plum crazy air grabber roadrunner that would look fantastic sitting where the hustler resides.
    Meep Meep

Thanks for posting pics. You may wan't to post on the hustler roll call thread and also the older hustler model id thread. there should also be some good pics on the sight to help with your chain routing.
    Hustler 945hk and Extended width Sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by garrett1308 View Post
    Should go good once I get the chains on. Been fighting them for two days now and have gotten nowhere. I cant seem to route the back ones without rubbing the frame. If I cut the chain one shorter, it can't reach back across to tie the master in. If I leave the chain as is, the idler makes the chain rub part of the frame. Cant seem to figure out how it goes exactly.
    I hope to get it done today.

I may have to sell it when its done though, I found a 70 plum crazy air grabber roadrunner that would look fantastic sitting where the hustler resides.
    Mopars in the blood I see I am having fun with my 340 Dart I picked up
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Someone riddle me this, is it possible that the 960-HK came with an 18 horse Kohler and the 945HK came with the 16 horse Kohler?
    Years ago(20 or more) we had a 18 horse single machine though I can't recall the split shifter.

To look at those pictures I'd swear it was a 900 as they are generally the ones with the 3 holes, unless maybe yours was a Kohler 2 stroke . That muffler looks like it has some sort of silencer or spark arrestor built onto it, as big as it is I'm surprised it's still there..

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for posting pics. You may wan't to post on the hustler roll call thread and also the older hustler model id thread. there should also be some good pics on the sight to help with your chain routing.
    I sure will!

Mopars in the blood I see I am having fun with my 340 Dart I picked up
    You know it! Can't go wrong with a 340, or any mopar motor for that matter.

To look at those pictures I'd swear it was a 900 as they are generally the ones with the 3 holes, unless maybe yours was a Kohler 2 stroke . That muffler looks like it has some sort of silencer or spark arrestor built onto it, as big as it is I'm surprised it's still there..
    Im pretty sure it is a silencer. The new motor on the machine isn't run through it, so unless yall think it's a factory hustler silencer, I'm going to take it off and use it on my loud as hell max.
    Meep Meep

Got the new chains all on it and routed right. Half links solved the problem. It'll be ready to go with new gas.

I think I broke my max pushing the hustler out of the garage. More on that in the Max section under the Max II project thread.
    Meep Meep

The hustler was rocking today, not so much rolling though. It seems the clutch is frozen. The three small arms that thrust outward move, and the outer plate moves inward a little ways when hit with a hammer. I have no experience with fixing centrifugal clutches, what should i do to get it back into working order?
    Meep Meep

+ Reply to Thread