Honda in the Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honda in the Hustler

Honda in the Hustler

I am installing a Honda GX630 in the Hustler. The motor mount bolt down pattern is smaller than the Briggs so I'll be modding the motor mount. It seems straight forward but though I ask the forum about issues locating a new motor. Any advice on height, and fore and aft alignment relative to the T20?

I'd make sure that you have enough clearance at the back of the machine to tighten the belt without running into anything, and mount the engine as low as possible to keep your center of gravity low. From a side-to-side standpoint, try and set the new engine up with the alignment shown in this picture.

Most Hustlers didn't have an adjustable motor mount that allowed you to tighten drive belt. If you didn't build adjustment in when you (or whomever) put the Briggs in there, it's a good time to do so now.

This is very helpful.
    The current motor mounts is 4 welded studs, no adjustment. Is there a preferred design for motor mount adjustment; multiple holes, slots instead of holes, w/wo a jackscrew?

I made up this aluminium mount plate for my argo that i never used, had a GX 620 mounted to it. could pull a tape on it if its something that may help

Thanks Nubs. Looks good. I have to fab a plate too. I already have the measurements. I see you used slots for adjustment. This should work for me.

was just sayin if someone needed a plate

Test drive new motor.jpg
    The Honda is in and running. I'm driving the chassis up and down the street for test. Is there a recommended break in for Hondas?

Great photo. There are a couple of similar shots in the gallery of members riding their frames around and they are always good for a chuckle. Yours looks especially racey with the aluminum wheels.

Here's a few that come to mind......

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Not aluminum, can't afford that. A galvanized set of 6 from etrailer. They had free shipping at xmas. I plan to use this as a boat trailer tug on an ocean beach. Everything is galvanized, stainless, or POR.

+ Reply to Thread