Pics please...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pics please...

Pics please...

Trying to get a motor in my hustler but there doesn't seem to be any room for the clutch on the motor, it is to close to the side of the engine bay.. Does anyone have any pics of the clutch setup? It seems their just isn't any space for the ones i'm looking at...

Are you using the stock clutch? What engine did you install?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I don't have the motor yet but I'm getting a vanguard 16hp, I was looking at a comit clutch but like I said it looks like to line up with the T-20 the clutch will hit the body. I'm just going by pics now, I don't want to order it till I know for sure it fits. Is there a better clutch to go with?

I am also going to be installing a Vanguard in my hustler and would like to see pictures of somebody's installation setup. I am wondering how much it will need to be elevated or if it needs to be.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

Before picture shows T20 and comet clutch[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by kpike52; 03-24-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Dan67 Hustler 980 setup

Hey guys, Yes you can fit a briggs vanguard engine in a hustler. I installed a 23hp v-twin briggs in mine. I used the original clutch that came with the old 18hp briggs opposed flat engine. I reused the original engine mount plate and had to add 1" spacers to get the shaft height high enough for the clutch to move freely without hitting anything. I also had to move the engine to the left for the clutches to line up properly. It is a tight fit but it works. I have a complete gallery full of pics if you guys need help. Go to the briggs website and you can download the exterior dimensions of the engine you want to install and go from there.

Before install..

modified engine tray/mount..

New engine setup..

Finished setup..

Also you will need to make sure you have enough offset in the alignment of both clutches.

+ Reply to Thread