xbunsenx's Hustler Project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: xbunsenx's Hustler Project

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Post a pic of our gas tank Dirtdobber and lets figure out what it is and how to mount it.
    Sounds like a walk behind tank.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Here's what I have. I can fab a mounting system for it but i assume the original config has a greater fuel capacity.
    Let's not hijack this thread any further.....
    Attached Images

Here's a pic of the tank out of my Hustler.

That is a Max tank, if you want to trade for a stock tank I'd be willing, I'll get some pics up. The picture of Joe's tank is specific to the fiberglass Hustlers.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks Jim. I sent you a PM.

I finished the engine mount today. I made it out of 1" angle iron and made the holes slotted for side to side and front to back adjustment.

IMG_20160409_193708125_HDR.jpgIMG_20160410_174723374.jpgIMG_20160410_181623149_HDR.jpg
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

I am looking for replacement nylon rollers. I plan to eventually make better ones, but I just want to replace a couple of the old ones. Will the ones in the link work? Are they the right type of nylon?

McMaster-Carr
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x... also check out "" black ace chain tensioners" co., they sell idlers for chain. johnboy va.

I removed the on engine fuel tank last night and checked out the chain tensioners. The tensioners are rough, so I ordered some urethane rollers with built-in bearings that Don used on the BFD Hustler.

I plan on installing a low pressure 2-3.5 psi electric fuel pump because I don't have the valve cover with the vacuum port.

Also, I just got the throttle swivel in the mail. It fit the Briggs throttle perfectly. I used a Walbro 52-501.

I decided not to use an electric pump and I found a used Valve cover with the vacuum port. This will make the fuel system much simpler.

Took the top off of it today and repaired the steering sticks. They had rot at the bottom, so I added some angle iron to reinforce them.

I found the Hustler model tag, but the model number was faded away.

+ Reply to Thread