wisconsin 35 hp w4-1770

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wisconsin 35 hp w4-1770

wisconsin 35 hp w4-1770

Has there been anyone try putting in an Wisconsin 4 cyc. 35 Hp in a Hustler? I found one for sale but if it might fit.

I haven't tried anything that big in a machine. I do have a buddy with a 35 horse Wisconsin on the back of a water truck. From what I remember of it, they have a wider foot than the stock hustler motors, so you'll probably need to fab a motor mount. They are also tall, so something will need to be done with the back seat. Exhaust most likely will need to be modified. Depending on the exact dimensions of the motor, a longer drive belt may need to be used. Also, you may need to step up the clutch, assuming you have a 40 series. Other than possible rewiring, I cant think of anything else that might have to be altered to fit the motor.
    Meep Meep

also a big weight penalty. Your best bet is to keep the Hustler light as the hull displacement is pretty significant so your swimming will be compromised with weight. You are better off with a 25 hp clone single or small briggs v twin.
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread