Pic of controls sticks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pic of controls sticks?

Pic of controls sticks?

Hi, hustler guys! I've got a frame out of its tub and I'm building control sticks from scratch. The ones I have look like they were bent over somebody's knees. They're more "bowed" than "bent" if you get what I'm sayin'. Anyhow, do any of you have a picture from the side of a hustler frame with the sticks up?
    I don't know what version mine is- it has split reverse sticks and a back seat area if it matters.
    THANKS!!

ALSO- how far do they move front to back? I need to make sure I keep them out of the dashboard.

Steering 1.jpgSteering 2.jpgSteering 3.jpgSteering 4.jpgHere you go. This is from my 950, which looks just like yours with the exception of a couple of details. The total pipe length is 29 inches, and with the reference ruler you can see where you bends should be. As far as travel, the important thing to note is that the transmission linkage mount attaches on the same position (relative to the horizontal pipe) as the steering lever. Travel in the transmission linkage will control how far the steering stick travels, and if you wind up hitting the dash then you need to adjust your linkage.

If you need additional details I'll be glad to help.

Perfect, thanks! Is that the left or right stick?

if the sticks are in their stock location, they aren't very comfortable. I always center them up on hustlers. Between the curved seat, and zero place for your left foot, I think its a big help. I am always alone in the front seat and sit centered
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Here's both sticks. I didn't center mine but I did move them over a few inches. I'm not sure how far the travel will be but make sure your new position doesn't hit the shift levers. The contour of the sticks is the s20160607_054837.jpg20160607_054903.jpgame for both.

Thanks for all the info. I got mine built up yesterday with 1" pipe. I... went in a different direction... As a motorcycle guy, the factory Hustler pinkie throttle needed to be replaced with a proper handlebar twist throttle. Aaaaand bigger is better, so:

I did cheat them in from the center a little bit. I sat on it and realized that, yes, this thing is cramped and all the left foot room that I could get would be needed.

They are even and SOLID. No more of that rickety-rickety garbage that Hustler put on there.

+ Reply to Thread