Water line/level

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water line/level

Water line/level

For my reference, when you're out in the water in a Hustler completely floating, not touching bottom, where does the water typically stop? Is it all the way to the body seam, just to the tops of the wheels? Over the wheels?

Pics would be very helpful. I'm assuming it would be different for a 980 since it's got a deeper body. I have a 960HK which uses the 950 body.

Top of the wheel is a safe estimate. top 1/3 of the tire out of the water. About the same on a 980 really. The bottom 1/2 of the lower tub is what is actually displacing water and causing flotation
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Top of the wheel is a safe estimate. top 1/3 of the tire out of the water. About the same on a 980 really. The bottom 1/2 of the lower tub is what is actually displacing water and causing flotation
    Yeah, after posting the thread, I decided I'd watch some Youtube videos of various machines swimming, and I noticed that on most of them, the back of the machine is lower than the front (engine & tranny weight) but the top of the tires is still visible. I'm pleasantly surprised. I expected them to sit a bit lower.

I asked for two main reasons. 1) I saw some 3/4" marker lights on E-Bay that I just couldn't resist, to give it a "space ship" feel, and 2) my twin trolling motor setup... I want the motors far enough down in the water to work well, but I also want them up out of the way for ground clearance. I've come up with a system that uses a 2-shaft linear actuator to make the props drop down for use, then pivot up into a housing when on dry land.

Can anyone else tell I'm getting excited to get this machine up and running???

+ Reply to Thread