Few questions about Hustlers ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Few questions about Hustlers ?

Few questions about Hustlers ?

Hey guys, i quess i could have spent half the night trying to locate answers online, & not be sure i got the right ones... but I figure why not ask you "hustler guys" and get strait answers to my questions ?..
    So here goes:
    1) Who makes Hustler ? Were they their own company or made by Argo or Max etc. ?
    2) how long did they make them for? And when did they stop making them ?
    3) Did the company go out of business ?
    4) if so, are you able to still get new parts for them ?
    5) How pricey are they ?
    I have never seen a hustler in my part of Ontario Canada.. In fact I've only ever seen them in pictures ... I fell in love with them the first time I seen one and now I want one.. Eventually ... LOL
    Last edited by Kris W; 09-16-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

I think they were made in Mississippi. They did go out of business. Not sure on the other questions.

Hustler's plant was in Jonesboro, Arkansas and they were one of the last to go out of business sometime in the 80s. They owned half the rights to the T20 in a deal with Recreatives. Any parts you need other than transmission will be used or home made. Hustler was a very well made machine (IMO).
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Oops thanks Don.

I'm almost sure there was one manufacturer in Mississippi, but can't remember which. Amphicat, maybe? Does anyone remember?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

American Amphicat was in Mississippi. Also Canadian Amphicat was made.

U.S. was Magna America Co.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 09-16-2016 at 09:32 PM.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Where can you find them ? Like i said, i've never even seen one in person. Let alone found one for sale up here.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

A hustler will show up on Craigslist every once in a while. They are hard to come by.

They seem to be concentrated in the south eastern USA, but pop up all over the place from time to time. Sidewinders (rebranded hustler 950s) were built in Colorado, and that seems to be where most of them are found
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Well, i got some time to save up some money and then keep my eyes open for sales in America I guess, then all I have to do is find an American to pick it up for me and convince him to tow it here.... Shouldn't be too hard.... LOL

+ Reply to Thread