Hustler speed problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hustler speed problem

Thanks for the info I am going to measure it in the morning and order a belt my secondary clutch is 11-1/4" my primary is 6" and 14" center to center that is the reason I didn't won't to use the center to center measurement on the link you gave me and I did read all the info you gave me and i appreciate it

DId you say you Drive clutch is only 6" in diameter ?
    If it is smaller than 7.1/4" your machine will be Slower than one with the bigger drive clutch !

I did read all the info you gave me and i appreciate it
    Good deal. Post a picture of this clutch setup you have. It sounds like an odd configuration to me. You must have very little clearance between the engine and transmission. Also, measure the distance between the sheaves (inside) of the driven clutch to get an idea of belt width. With a driven clutch of that size, I don't know if it requires a belt bigger than 1-3/16 top width......I also wonder if your drive and driven clutches are mismatched in terms of belt width. Of course, I'm speculating out loud.

yes

How can I insert a pic in a post

Quote Originally Posted by Davo81 View Post
    How can I insert a pic in a post
    Davo81, check out this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html

Here is the clutch that is on my hustler

From this picture the clutch is smaller (44C?) diameter than stock clutch and does not match the driven, it also looks like the engine is sitting crooked.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

As Jim said you have the WRONG CLUTCH !
    The one you need is 7.1/4" Diameter. The smaller DRIVE clutch will give you the Slower speed.
    There is a guy on here that has the one you need for $150. That is Cheap ! I was going to get it to have on hand. But you need it more than I do.
    Look in Parts for sale.

Was at a friends house and seen these sitting on a shelf so I'm going to give them a shot, primary is 7 1/4

+ Reply to Thread