another belt post

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: another belt post

another belt post

did a search but didn't find a post where anyone had a part number or dimensions for a belt for a hustler with factory kohler 440 2 stroke, anyone have any info for me? thanks

and how tight should a belt be? ive read you want about 1" deflection but with the belt that tight it will be spinning the driven clutch on the trans, is that ok?

with the belt that tight it will be spinning the driven clutch
    It shouldn't spin the driven clutch beyond just a creep. At idle the drive clutch should be in its widest position (regarding the pulley sheaves) and they should be wider than the belt, so that you aren't getting any contact on the sides of the belt (at least that't the way mine works). The only belt contact on the drive side, then, is the belt resting against the clutch center shaft. If for some reason 1 inch of deflection does cause the drive pulley to spin more than just a creep, or causes the belt to squeal, then loosen the belt just a bit. I tell you these things with respect to a Comet 780 clutch system on a 4 stroke engine. Not sure if your setup would act differently.

thanks for the info.
    i may have more than just belt problems though, someone put 90 wt gear oil in the trans and it had some water in it too. i drained it and filled with ATF but was told the bands would be saturated and not grab as they should, so looks like i might be building a trans....

+ Reply to Thread