Searching for the Big Block Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Searching for the Big Block Hustler

Searching for the Big Block Hustler

Hey Guys, I built a hustler a few years back and sold it to Coosaridgerider in Alabama. I heard he passed away, really sorry to hear that, great guy. I am wondering what happened to the Hustler after his passing, does any one know? I would love to buy it back if it is still available. Any info would be helpful.

Here is a link to the original build.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl....html#post3660

Thanks,
    Chris

Sorry to hear about the passing of a member, I spoke with him a few years back and seemed to be a great guy that was really interested in the hobby.

Chris: That was a heck of a machine, would love to have purchased it myself, it was a well thought out amphib and I hope you are able to track it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Meinfield View Post
    Hey Guys, I built a hustler a few years back and sold it to Coosaridgerider in Alabama. I heard he passed away, really sorry to hear that, great guy. I am wondering what happened to the Hustler after his passing, does any one know? I would love to buy it back if it is still available. Any info would be helpful.

Here is a link to the original build.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/hustl....html#post3660

Thanks,
    Chris
    There was an ad on here form his stepson, about a year ago I believe, perhaps moderator bob could find it in the archives and pass on the contact info.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Unfortunately there is not a way to track the older classifieds, as they are purged every so often. We recommend to search through the profiles of both individuals to see if there is contact information. If you remember the stepson's name, you may be able to search it and find the Hustler.

hello tony here he is living in pa now haven had time to work on it

So 10 years after beginning the build, the hustler has found it's way back to Tennessee. Man I feel old, I can't believe its been that long. Thanks to Tony for selling it back and for some great conversation. Also great to see at least some of the old crew is still around on the site.

Here is a link to the initial build:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...k-hustler.html

I am going back through the machine; re-jetting and tuning the carbs, building some linkage, replacing some of the gauges, and building an exhaust header. The machine still has less than 100 hours on it, and the engine only about 75hrs. I don't think it had been run very much. Z240 told me when he got it the T-20 was in pieces, so someone probably ran it pretty hard. I never dyno'd the engine but with the dual carbs, it likely in the 60+ HP range, and at least that much torque.

All the chains and sprockets are barely worn. I'm Fixing all the stuff I did wrong the first time.....good times. Really enjoying working on it again.
    Attached Images

Good find there Chris, glad you got the machine back. Lots of sweat and blood went into that machine, so congrats on getting her back.

I traded off a 980 tall tub a few years back and have lamented the deal ever since then. Since I've been looking have not found a decent one since, but will keep looking. I still have a high powered 950 that I love.
    No one has really come close to the look and feel of the old Hustlers.

Hey Noel, the old hustlers were cool for sure. Would love to see that 950 sometime, are you all still doing the North Carolina ride every year?

Congratulations on getting it back! The Busco Beach ride is still going on twice a year so come East and visit with everyone.

Awesome, hope you are well Mike. I still need to see that bad boy Max you built several years back. Hope i can get out this year.

+ Reply to Thread