Bearing carrier/flange part numbers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bearing carrier/flange part numbers

Question Bearing carrier/flange part numbers

I need to order all new bearings for my Hustler. I have the part numbers for the inserts, but need the bearing flanges as well. Had to replace them all due to rust, other disassembly damage. Does anyone out there have either the part numbers or dimensions of the inner and outer bearing carriers/flanges?

You should have 62mm bearings, 206 is the 62mm designation so you will want 6 (stamped steel) 206 flanges and 6 206 greasable flanges. Pay attention as to whether you need 3 or 4 bolt mounting holes, flanges with 5 holes will fit either.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    You should have 62mm bearings, 206 is the 62mm designation so you will want 6 (stamped steel) 206 flanges and 6 206 greasable flanges. Pay attention as to whether you need 3 or 4 bolt mounting holes, flanges with 5 holes will fit either.
    206 for both inner and outer bearings? Everything I see on the 206s shows to be 1 3/16" whereas the 205s are 1". The inner bearings, (The ones along the inner frame rail at the sprocket end) should be 205s, correct?

I'm not positive on the inner bearings of a Hustler, been a while. What I was referring to is the pair of outer flanges, the 206 is the 62mm designation and not the 1-3/16 designation, G denotes grease fitting.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

One more question:

On the inner bearings that go along the inner frame at the sprocket end of the axles, my Hustler had cast iron flanges when I bought it. They were bolted in with a bunch of washers and weren't tight. Looked like the bearings wouldn't fit with the set screw collar pointing "forward" out of the bearing flange. It looked to me like the only way to make them fit correctly would be to turn the bearing insert around so that it points out the "Back" of the flange, which would take the grease groove out of alignment with the grease zerk. Would that cause a problem?

Brentd27 I'm almost positive my Hustler 950 carries a 1 inch bearing on the inner portion of the axles. I can double check this weekend. Also, my inner bearings are mounted in 2 bolt stamped flanges (like the 3 bolt flanges on the outer bearings, just 2 bolts and smaller). The set screws on my bearings face outward (toward the tire) and the flange mounts on the inside of the center rail. The key is to mount the bearings so that all the sprockets are in proper alignment relative to the transmission, as the transmission is not adjustable. My inner bearings are not greasable. When I installed them I greased them with a hyperdermic needle, and although they were new bearings they held a lot of grease.

I was hoping some dirt would join in, checking your posts Dan answered some questions also.

+ Reply to Thread