Differance in Hustler models?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Differance in Hustler models?

New project

Hi to all,
    Just bought what I think is a Hustler Sidewinder? I'm new to this stuff, but looks to be fun. We go hunting and the other guys have the Rhinos. When I show up at the next big hunt, I think I'll have the best small vehicle. I already have the best 4X4. I haven't gotten into the vehicle and I'll post pics when I start repairing/rebuilding.
    Thanks
    Jim
    If 4 is good, 6 MUST be great!

Quote Originally Posted by jlr113 View Post
    Hi to all,
    Just bought what I think is a Hustler Sidewinder? I'm new to this stuff, but looks to be fun. We go hunting and the other guys have the Rhinos. When I show up at the next big hunt, I think I'll have the best small vehicle. I already have the best 4X4. I haven't gotten into the vehicle and I'll post pics when I start repairing/rebuilding.
    Thanks
    Jim
    If 4 is good, 6 MUST be great!
    Hello Jim, Sidewinder is actually there own company but really close resemblance to the early hustlers and scramblers. Post pictures, theres not many of them around.

Does anybody know if the top half poly body of a 950 is interchangeable with the top half of a 980?? Im hunting a new body for my 980 as mine has seen better days. Any leads would be appreciated.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

I've heard from a few people they are, but have yet to find a Hustler for myself so take that with a grain of salt.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

A 950 top should work fine with a 980 bottom. the only difference that I can think of is that the 980 has the huge hole cut in the left rear for the exhaust duct. Both of the Hustlers I've had the bodies were tough to get lined back up when I put them together. In the case of the 950 the body had been split for 15 years. I only had the top off the bigfoot for a few weeks and it was still tough. The cage that I built for the 950 bolted right up to the 980 so that tells me that they are dimensionally the same
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I can verify that it will work. I've tried it when I had an extra Hustler top and it fit right on my 980 tub.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks guys that's really good info as I think I have a lead on t 950 tub and top in really good shape
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Hey reb, reading over some old stuff I came across this post of yours. do you still have that brake caliper???

Hey reb, reading over some old stuff I came across this post of yours. do you still have that brake caliper?
    Quote Originally Posted by REB181 View Post
    Mine was the same but I went with a 4 stroke got rid of the 2 cycle kolher440
    lost the side exhaust and got rid of the disk brake on the axel if you hang up the tub the disk can cut the body if you spin the axel that is what happen to mine by the first owner and I had to repair it...I also have the disk brake caliper and I'm not going to use it so if anybody needs it make me an offer......

Quote Originally Posted by bucketobolts View Post
    I found the model number on the early hustler I just brought home. There is a sticker on top of the CCW engine where I can barely make out the word hustler. I wiped it off and found the numbers stamped in the sticker real small. It's a real thin aluminum sticker. Model # 880-J. I assume the J is added for the jet.

Randy
    hi im ken i just found my mod.no. today i did the same thing you did i have the hustler 880-j also do you have any book info on the machine i bought it 2 weeks ago it needs alot of work thanks ken

+ Reply to Thread