New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Select all Hustler bodies or shells you would be interested to purchase:

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upper Body

44 65.67%
  • 950 Lower body (up to 25" tires)

14 20.90%
  • 980 Lower body (up to 26" tires)

44 65.67%
  • Engine Cover

40 59.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

gentleman,
    we already have enough interest in an upper body and 980 lower body to get some made. the minimum was 5 for each. the only thing i see now is that those of you who voted on a 950 lower tub and upper body may not want to purchase the upper body if the tub is not made, correct?
    if we can generate enough interest in the 950 lower body (5 minimum) and same with the engine cover, se can get all bodies reproduced.

i am not sure if the engine cover is any cheaper from the molding company, but i will check as soon as they call me back.

The 950 top will fit the 980 bigfoot lower. what thickness material are you planning to use?

that's good to know. i believe the thickness is 3/8" or something like that. when the plastic is heated and molded the thickness would end up being around 1/4"... is this what the bodies are right now?

900?

Will the upper body fit the 900 lower? My upper is in a little need of repair. I am fixing but depending on availability I might get one. It wouldn't be until next year though.

Quote Originally Posted by fordtc87 View Post
    Will the upper body fit the 900 lower? My upper is in a little need of repair. I am fixing but depending on availability I might get one. It wouldn't be until next year though.
    jersey or don should pop in on this one. i imagine all the plastic body hustlers fit. i may make a couple extras but am not sure when they will be made again.
    Last edited by Mike; 10-19-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: merged two threads. Please keep all related posts in one thread.

jerseybigfoot,

If your positive that the 950 upper tub will also fit the deeper lower tub of the 980 , this will sure open some doors for forum members that want to run larger, and more aggressive tires. I thought this might be the case,, because the lower tub of the 950 is the same dimensions as the lower tub of the Hustler 980. The frames of both also look indentical, with the exception of the Hustler 980 front seat frame being taller to fit the deeper tub of the 980. The ASX tires look really awesome on Don,s Hustler ,980 Bigfoot.

mudbog i sent a PM to mike to change the poll to say the 950 lower body can accommodate 25" tires.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    jerseybigfoot,

If your positive that the 950 upper tub will also fit the deeper lower tub of the 980 , this will sure open some doors for forum members that want to run larger, and more aggressive tires. I thought this might be the case,, because the lower tub of the 950 is the same dimensions as the lower tub of the Hustler 980. The frames of both also look indentical, with the exception of the Hustler 980 front seat frame being taller to fit the deeper tub of the 980. The ASX tires look really awesome on Don,s Hustler ,980 Bigfoot.
    I have a nos 980 bottom and new 950 top i picked up a few years ago from Richard. The bottom front and rear approach angles were changed to fit the top. BTY 25" rawhide 3 tires will fit on the 950 bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    I have a nos 980 bottom and new 950 top i picked up a few years ago from Richard. The bottom front and rear approach angles were changed to fit the top. BTY 25" rawhide 3 tires will fit on the 950 bottom.
    jersey so you are saying that the 950 top will NOT work on the 980 bottom? if that's the case i hope the 980 top is there too because it looks like the 980 is the tub that will be made.

btw if you need the original color i believe richard still has a few left...

Quote Originally Posted by andylmusic76 View Post
    jersey so you are saying that the 950 top will NOT work on the 980 bottom? if that's the case i hope the 980 top is there too because it looks like the 980 is the tub that will be made.

btw if you need the original color i believe richard still has a few left...
    The top is the same for both the low body and tall body. The 980 Bigfoot bottom front is almost vertical when compared to the 950 so the hull length is the same. I believe they also made a low body with the 18 twin which was also a 980. The 980 Bigfoot was the tall body

+ Reply to Thread