argo restore

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: argo restore

Yea I realized that when I took it down the rope was starting to fray out. Any issues with taking the pressure washer right to the frame or just go for it?

Argo restore

Curtis,this whole thread is amazing. you have done a great job so far.I did not know that the Magnum skid plate was bolted to the frame. Again congratulations and please keep posting.

pressure washer is good. then you can see if any metal is cracked, etc. that needs repair or beefing up before you paint... johnboy

im not gonna paint the frame....
    im assembling everything today!

im fed up now... trying to get that frame in by yourself is not fun,taking a break today i think

Curtis, if your frame has some rust on it I encourage you to slow down and take some steps to at least slow down the rusting. a wire brush and a rattle can will help some. If you don't have any rust,then go for it. Take your time and maybe you can use the overhead rafters and a pulley (like you did pulling the engine) to help in the process.

yup paint it up son,take your time.also take a good look at the frame for any cracks.

yea, it's exciting to want to get it back together and go 6 wheelin, but a day or two extra won't make a difference weeks from now. use your winch and some rope to make a sling for each end of the frame. lift it out and slide the tub out of the way. while it's hanging it's easy to get to for repairs and painting. just make sure it's secure. sometimes taking a break is good. when you come back to it you have fresh energy. if it's already back in the tub with axles, next time you will know the process for taking it apart. your doing a super job so far. keep the photos coming !! johnboy va.

I agree also, you have this thing all apart,take your time,clean, check, and paint the frame,clean the tub real nice.Now is the time to replace any bad parts,ie your brake rotors,etc, while its all out in the open.

The frame is all good no cracks and very little rust,just some worn down parts from where the floor pans rub on. I'm having trouble getting those bolts in that go through the skid plate then the body and then through the frame,they won't line up very well and it ends up massing up the treads on the bolt from having to beat on it a bit. Any suggestions

+ Reply to Thread