WTB Engine Shrouds Briggs & Stratton 18 hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB Engine Shrouds Briggs & Stratton 18 hp

WTB Engine Shrouds Briggs & Stratton 18 hp

I have the original B&S 18 hp 4 cylinder industrial commercial engine running on my hustler 980 restoration. I am missing some of the shrouds that direct the air around the engine and out of the exhaust on the drivers side. Specifically I need the rear shroud and the piece that goes between the front and rear shrouds that attaches to the exhaust.
    Last edited by TienBien; 10-12-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TienBien View Post
    I have the original B&S 18 hp 4 cylinder industrial commercial engine running on my hustler 980 restoration. I am missing some of the shrouds that direct the air around the engine and out of the exhaust on the drivers side. Specifically I need the rear shroud and the piece that goes between the front and rear shrouds that attaches to the exhaust.
    Not to nit-pick, just clear confusion. 4 stroke, not 4 cylinder. Often called a flat twin briggs. Sorry I dont have any, but sheetmetal from a 16, 17 or 18 should work for you. Also most of the vertical shaft engine metal will work. These were super common on mowers from the 80's to mid 2000's. Just another place to look. What you wont find on a vertical is the exhaust shrouding
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Good catch, yea I'm looking around just not having any luck. I fabricated some shroud pieces but I would prefer to have the right part.

+ Reply to Thread