New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 700 of 722 FirstFirst ... 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello to everyone!

Hi everyone-

I'm on the verge of buying my first argo, a 2019 Aurora 800 8x8. It will be used for ice fishing and hunting. I own property that the majority is a dense, nasty, cedar swamp. I'm not sure the argo will traverse it, but maybe if I chainsaw,clear, move forward, and repeat, I can make progress.
    My major question is the hitch weight capacity of this machine. It has about the same towing capacity as my kubota 1140 rtv. I use the kubota to maneuvre my boat into the garage. The boat/trailer weigh around 5k. I use a drop hitch turned downside up on the kubota to keep the tongue weight down, but it's still gotta be 300# or so. Kubota handles it but it is a tight space and have to do about a fifty-point turn. The maneuverability of the argo would be a huge asset. Just wondering 1.) if the argo could handle the hitch weight and 2.) can it handle the weight of the boat on a slight grade backing into garage.
    This isn't a "make or break" on whether I buy the argo. I can keep both machines. But it would be nice to know. Thank you, Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DEP View Post
    Hi everyone-

I'm on the verge of buying my first argo, a 2019 Aurora 800 8x8. It will be used for ice fishing and hunting. I own property that the majority is a dense, nasty, cedar swamp. I'm not sure the argo will traverse it, but maybe if I chainsaw,clear, move forward, and repeat, I can make progress.
    My major question is the hitch weight capacity of this machine. It has about the same towing capacity as my kubota 1140 rtv. I use the kubota to maneuvre my boat into the garage. The boat/trailer weigh around 5k. I use a drop hitch turned downside up on the kubota to keep the tongue weight down, but it's still gotta be 300# or so. Kubota handles it but it is a tight space and have to do about a fifty-point turn. The maneuverability of the argo would be a huge asset. Just wondering 1.) if the argo could handle the hitch weight and 2.) can it handle the weight of the boat on a slight grade backing into garage.
    This isn't a "make or break" on whether I buy the argo. I can keep both machines. But it would be nice to know. Thank you, Dan
    Unsure as to the hitch weight or not 5k is over the listed rating, however should you try it, reversing a trailer in an Argo is a little different. find an open area and place some markers like a driving test before you try to maneuver your trailer in the garage.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Welcome to all the recently new members, hopefully you find this site educating and useful. There are plenty of members on here with knowledge of usages and repairs. be patient on responses as the site has slowed some.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Unsure as to the hitch weight or not 5k is over the listed rating, however should you try it, reversing a trailer in an Argo is a little different. find an open area and place some markers like a driving test before you try to maneuver your trailer in the garage.
    That is excellent advice,thankyou!

Hello yall! I have just gotten a scrambler and will be working on getting the thing going. Any tips or information is appreciated.

20201227_140043.jpg

Hello all, I am new to the 6x6 world. I just picked up an Attex with a Rockwell JLO engine (not sure if it's a 400 or 440) and a t20 transmission in it. I am excited to fix it up and get it out on the trails but finding info on this machine is difficult. I have already got a lot of good info from this site. Can anyone suggest some good threads to read through for a beginner like me?

Read through some of the Attex forum. Without seeing a pic I would read about chief thunder chief or st400 as those 3 came with twin jlo engines.

Hey guys. I'm new to the board. I've been riding a Polaris Ace for 5 years now but am wanting to get into the aatv world. I figured this was the best place to get the best information. I look forward to all the conversations. Thanks.

Hey Jordan, welcome to the site, what questions do you have?

+ Reply to Thread