Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler 980 BIGFOOT

I just got done test fitting the engine/transmission/shift linkage/steering levers on the frame and its going very well. Tomorrow its going back in the tub and then the wiring, fuel lines, seat supports, etc will be getting installed. Hopefully next week she should be going. A week from today I plan on taking it in Lake Erie at a place called Sunset Bay (which is packed with people and boats so there will be some good exposure for 6x6world.com there)......I will have lots of pics and videos. Here's a little before and after shot too.

hustler 3.jpg

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That looks so good Jeff. What did you end up painting it with?

Mike, I just ended up used semi gloss Rustoleum brush on. When you pull your frame and repaint it in the Max I would definetly recomend having it sprayed with this brown industrial primer paint/sealer first like my Hustler frame was. The place that did the sandblasting sprayed my entire frame with it for a mere $25. Since the Max frame is smaller I'd imagine that you'd probably pay around $20 or so. All you do is brush on whatever paint you want over this industrial primer, and it sticks very well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Your doing a great job, It looks nice. It's good to have a picture like that cause I'm sure we'll never see it that clean again. I hope we get to see the bottom of that hustler in action. Got a game plan for that roll cage yet? O yea , love that tractor.

Thanks! Its in need of a washing right now, but theres a picture of it moving a Max II around in the gallery all cleaned up.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/409

The game plan on the cage was to pick up a Max IV cage if it will fit. I am thinking about a custom cage though. Did you have any ideas in mind as to how you're going to build the cage on Robert's Hustler? I am excited to see/hear what you have thought up because you sure do good work Whipper.

Tonight I got most of my Hustler loosely bolted back together. The camera doesnt take too good of pictures at night but it gives you an idea of what the machine looks like. I am still waiting on my drive chain that Motion Industries has been giving me the run-around with, but once that is in I will start alligning all of my axles and sprockets, tightening down the set screws, and tightening and other loose nuts and bolts down on the machine. Next week I should have some video of the BIGFOOT on my "6x6 test track" in my backyard.

OMG!

Jeff, you are the man! That Hustler looks so mean. I can not wait to see video of it and hear how well it does. I know you have got to be getting really excited now.

Thanks Mike! I am sooooo anxious to take this thing for a test drive. This coming weekend it will be swimming in Lake Erie. I will have lots of pics and video soon. The drive down to Alabama was well worth it. It is such an excellent feeling when you put all that effort into locating the machine and then restoring it back to its former glory.

Really nice work.....and I am really jealous of those big tires!

Jeff,

You did a great job on the machine so far! I really like to see these older machines restored. The Hustlers look like they are built the way these machines should be. Did the hustlers come with solid axles?

Mike

+ Reply to Thread