t20 leaking/help!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: t20 leaking/help!

Cool t20 leaking/help!

just got my t20 rebuilt by me.i put new everything i thought,but now its leaking from the belt side just outside of the gear.i was wondering is there a seal is missed there and can it be fixed without breaking the t20 down again.i would appreciate any and all help with this.THANKS BYRD

There are two big seals. Sounds like you forgot to put one in or it needed to be replaced. The bad part is you have to open it up to fix/replace it. Sorry

Bridget

yeah i put both of the end seals in,but it looks like its leaking just from the outter part of the gear that drives the chain.LOL im just soo bummed out over it.

I have the same issue, ughhhh! It's frustrating, I know. I put a brand new output shaft/sprocket assembly and all new seals and there is still a small leak there.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

lol is there any chance of a seal just behinde the drive belt sits just in the gear maybe ?

There is a small oil seal for the input shaft (where the belt drive enters the trans) and it covers a needle bearing. You could have a damaged seal, but more than likely the needle bearing is worn out or some needles fell out when you disassembled.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread