Hustler spinger anyone?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler spinger anyone?

bugeyed 99

Yes ,it's hard for me to visualize what you're describing with the shock bracing. Looking forward to seeing some pics of this.

The last step before getting it running is installing the new sprockets, but Im a little confused as to what size I need. The first hustler I bought has 1 34 tooth sprocket and 2 26 tooth sprockets on the center axles, the 2nd hustler I bout had 2 26 tooth and 1 40 tooth on the center axle. Which would be an all around better size for use with the 503? Also instead of drilling holes through the axle I was thinking of using wood riff keys, will this be strong enough?? thanks for all the help in advance

I'm guessing that you're going to be more oriented toward high speed driving than any low-low speed (40 tooth) crawling around. I actually think that 34 is a bit big. Why not go with something in the realm of 28 teeth on the primaries? Heck, go down to 26. The secondary (axle to axle) sprockets make no impact on the speed of the machine. You could keep those around 26 and keep the stock chain length. Woodruff keys would hold fine.

Thats great news, would 28 or 26 tooth still apply enough torque to be able to get out of mud holes?

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed_99 View Post
    Thats great news, would 28 or 26 tooth still apply enough torque to be able to get out of mud holes?
    Yup, a Supercheif is 26 tooth and does just fine when converted to a four stroke. I think my tomahawk is 22, and it does alright, but probably could use a little more low end, however, it's a blast to drive on the trails.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I missed what size motor you are going with, but I wouldn't go too low # of teeth unless it's a big motor or a torque monster like a diesel.
    I think a 30 tooth would be a good choice with your extra weight and a moderate size motor like a 18 or 20hp.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    I missed what size motor you are going with, but I wouldn't go too low # of teeth unless it's a big motor or a torque monster like a diesel.
    I think a 30 tooth would be a good choice with your extra weight and a moderate size motor like a 18 or 20hp.
    Its a rotax 503

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed_99 View Post
    Its a rotax 503
    That ought to be at least 18-20 hp

Shooting for more like 50hp, might make some custom wings for some short flights with all that power lol

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    This thing is looking great! I have often wondered how well a springer would perform in deep sloppy mud, if all the a-arms and associated parts would create too much drag or resistance to be effective in such situations. Looking at this project I'm wondering now what a beast one of these things would be if a builder used air shocks and had the option of lifting his machine when needed. We all know that just going to a larger tire size can make a ton of difference in a machines performance, think of the same machine with the option of lifting itself another couple of inches at the push of a button. Ya gotta smile at that thought... Not sure how much lift one could get from a c v axle though, most quads have to go to longer axles. That might be a place to start.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

+ Reply to Thread