Anyone run outlaws?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone run outlaws?

Those Outlaws look great on there. How is the ride quality? How do they perform on the hardpack?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    I have always wanted to run the Marengo swamp run and missed it every year. I have always thought the Outlaws would work well on a MaxIV, you have proved it. Congratulations for having the courage to run the beasty boys and being successful.
    that ride is not for the meek! better have your stuff together if your going to do that run!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Got to admit, those tires do look mean on a Max4.
    I got more looks than any of the huge lifted bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer Dude View Post
    looks like its time to invest in some mudflaps........
    I have plans to build some out of conveyor strapping, should work good.

Just so you know, those tires are no longer available and that size is one of the few that fit on a MaxIV without clearance issues.

If someone has a lot of guts they could probably fit the very aggressive Outlaw-2 in size 27x12x12 on a MaxIV but the clearance would be very close and I can assure you that those 27 inch tires take some horse power to turn in the mud. As far as the Outlaw MST tires you can buy them at 26x12x12 but I doubt that they swim and as far as I know no one on the forum has ever tried them on a Max.

Bottom line here is you have a great tire combination that know else can buy so enjoy it. As for me I would love to see your machine match up with the with Mikes ASX equipped MaxIV or THAT blue MaxIV with with the hopped up Briggs running the Aquatorque tires, NOW THAT WOULD BE A SHOW WORTH SEEING!!!!

Outlaw Tire

I have always wanted to run the Marengo swamp run and missed it every year. I have always thought the Outlaws would work well on a MaxIV, you have proved it. Congratulations for having the courage to run the beasty boys and being successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Got to admit, those tires do look mean on a Max4.
    Just so you know, those tires are no longer available and that size is one of the few that fit on a MaxIV without clearance issues.

If someone has a lot of guts they could probably fit the very aggressive Outlaw-2 in size 27x12x12 on a MaxIV but the clearance would be very close and I can assure you that those 27 inch tires take some horse power to turn in the mud. As far as the Outlaw MST tires you can buy them at 26x12x12 but I doubt that they swim and as far as I know no one on the forum has ever tried them on a Max.

Bottom line here is you have a great tire combination that know else can buy so enjoy it. As for me I would love to see your machine match up with the with Mikes ASX equipped MaxIV or THAT blue MaxIV with with the hopped up Briggs running the Aquatorque tires, NOW THAT WOULD BE A SHOW WORTH SEEING!!!!

Outlaw Tire
    4 of these tires were NOS that came direct from where the hydrotraxx was built. my buddy bought them for $25 a piece!!!! the other two were much harder to find, I got them off ebay.

I would love to ride with another machine like that because right now I have nothing to base its abilities on other than my '86 argo vanguard which was a pos. What gets me is how well it climbs out of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by gotmuddy View Post
    4 of these tires were NOS that came direct from where the hydrotraxx was built. my buddy bought them for $25 a piece!!!! the other two were much harder to find, I got them off ebay.

I would love to ride with another machine like that because right now I have nothing to base its abilities on other than my '86 argo vanguard which was a pos. What gets me is how well it climbs out of holes.
    Pertaining to climbing out of holes-That has always been a MaxIV weakness so you have now solved another issue. I have always wanted to to see that tire combination on an Argo 6x6 or 8x8.
    The 27x12x12 Outlaw 2 tire would fit on a Frontier 6x6 and I am sure they would fix on an Argo XTI. An XTI with the admiral transmission and eight 27x12x12 outlaws would have to be the ultimate wheeled machine in every situation except swimming, but I would bet that even as a swimmer it would run close to 2 mph in the water.

Note: Even the lifted side by sides and quads have a difficult time pulling out of holes-do we have an XTI owner out there?

Pertaining to climbing out of holes-That has always been a MaxIV weakness so you have now solved another issue. I have always wanted to to see that tire combination on an Argo 6x6 or 8x8.
    The 27x12x12 Outlaw 2 tire would fit on a Frontier 6x6 and I am sure they would fix on an Argo XTI. An XTI with the admiral transmission and eight 27x12x12 outlaws would have to be the ultimate wheeled machine in every situation except swimming, but I would bet that even as a swimmer it would run close to 2 mph in the water.

Note: Even the lifted side by sides and quads have a difficult time pulling out of holes-do we have an XTI owner out there?
    The only hole I couldnt climb out of the side was suicide hole but that didnt surprise me, its about 5ft deep with extremely vertical sides. I am not a big fan of outlaw 2 tires because they have more tread bars. I like the wide spacing on the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by gotmuddy View Post
    The only hole I couldnt climb out of the side was suicide hole but that didnt surprise me, its about 5ft deep with extremely vertical sides. I am not a big fan of outlaw 2 tires because they have more tread bars. I like the wide spacing on the originals.

Neither could anyone else!

+ Reply to Thread