Was out riding last weekend and floated around in Sardis Lake just a bit, and noticed I was taking on water. Had a problem with drain plug, but first a little background.

Someone other than me cut this big nasty hole in the back of the machine where the drain plug goes.
20170128_141337[1].jpg

I was using a tank bung type type fitting to adapt a plug, but that big ugly hole is cut right on the bottom and left little sealing area for the bung gasket. Well, apparently I hit a cypress knee or a log or something just right because it was the bung that was leaking allowing me to take on water. So I decided to get rid of the bung and try to cast a plastic "barrel" to weld into the hole to receive a standard boat plug.

Here's the jig I made to create the barrel. I already put plastic chips in and melted them down.
20170128_103144[1].jpg

This worked out well. I used a propane torch to get it hot and I kept mashing the melted pieces down in the jig. The only thing I wish I had done differently was use a hollow piece for the center hole so I could get more heat to the center. When i took it apart, I was very pleased with the outside, but there were some craters on the inside that I had to fix. The inside would have been much better if I gotten more heat in there. Here's the casting:
20170128_115019[1].jpg

Beveled that big ugly hole and test fit the casting:
20170128_142035[1].jpg

Welded it up and ground the casting to fit the contour of the tub, and I'm ready to go. Finished product:
20170128_145022[1].jpg