cleaning tank

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: cleaning tank

cleaning tank

how do i go about giving my tank a good overall cleaning and draining of old gas??

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    how do i go about giving my tank a good overall cleaning and draining of old gas??
    I have recently cleaned the tank of my MaxIV. I drained it by disconnecting the fuel line and allowing it to gravity flow into another container. Then I removed it from the machine and put some nuts and bolts, degreaser (about a quart), and a rag inside the tank. I put the cap on and capped the fuel line end, to seal the tank. I allowed the degreaser to work for about 5 minutes and then shaked it in a manner that the rag, nuts and bolts would scrub the inside of the tank. Lastly, once it looked clean enough (about a minute of shaking and stirring), I emptied the tank, rinsed with water and allowed it to drain and air dry (about 1-2 hours in the heat). And that is that. Lastly I replaced all fuel line and filters!! Hopes this can aid you brother!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

wish it was easier to remove tank from an Argo ugh god its a pain. working on it tho

got the darn thing out! i was supersized not at the tank but the pickup tube, i took it apart to find it almost clogged completely. i washed out the tank few times with water will this do?? any ideas what i can do while its out?also found this weird looking bug in the pickup tube.it certainly it some kind of insect it was dead of course but had me think what kind of bug would live in such a place but at the same time it probably got in the tank somehow and got sucked up?

They are a pain to remove, lol. I only attempted it once, and helped a friend reinstall his. Sorry, I don't have any helpful tips

RD

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    got the darn thing out! i was supersized not at the tank but the pickup tube, i took it apart to find it almost clogged completely. i washed out the tank few times with water will this do?? any ideas what i can do while its out?also found this weird looking bug in the pickup tube.it certainly it some kind of insect it was dead of course but had me think what kind of bug would live in such a place but at the same time it probably got in the tank somehow and got sucked up?
    I do the same thing as fmints, but use acetone instead of degreaser. then water rinse, then final rinse again with acetone as it dries quickly. I do bolts/ nuts but no rag. make sure you don't grab stainless bolts so you can use a magnet on a stick to fish them back out
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I did mine recently. Nothing easy. A lot of wiggling back and forth and some prying on the seat frame. I washed it out with hot water and then poured a one gallon can of alcohol into it to remove any water residue and let it dry out in the summer sun. Putting it back in was easier than removal. I also replaced the clams securing the filler tube when reinstalling it. Good Luck.

the debris could have played a part in my running issues for sure.

put a drain plug in back side corner of tank. my argo sits for months at a time so easy to drain and flush. especially kawi engine.

i got a no fuel issue now

+ Reply to Thread