SNAP, CRACK, RIGHT SIDE will not move.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SNAP, CRACK, RIGHT SIDE will not move.

SNAP, CRACK, RIGHT SIDE will not move.

Max 4
    2002 model
    I had just got done pulling something with the 6. After I unhooked the 6 from the thing I was pulling and started to pull away, I heard a Crack then the right side froze. Can not move the wheeler as it is froze and the right side will not move. The left side moves fine. But the chain is as tight as it can get on the right side. It's now 200 yards from my garage and I have no way of moving it. IDEAS will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

I'd start with taking the chain off the T-20 on the right side and see if it's the transmission that's locked up, or if something is lodged in the chains. If it's the T-20 that's locked up, taking the drive chain off will at least let you tow the machine back to the garage. If the drive chain is so tight that you can't get the master link off, just cut the chain.

Good luck; let us know what happens.

Yes

I'm glad you brought that up. I completely forgot about taking the chain off to move it. I have been so busy this summer I have not had a chance to visit this site. Mike is there any movement with the Max corp. over across the pond. I'm not even sure if I need to get a new tranny where I can find one at. OR where can a guy get one repaired nowadays. Any ideas there?

Try this video. It shows how to repair the T20, step by step. I used it to repair mine, having never done it before.
    This guy's name is Brandon, he repairs these transmissions, too. PM him, "MaxRules99" I think is his alias here, see what he says.

https://youtu.be/tuifk0kE7vg
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

A tool that dropped in the tub and got caught in the chains will do exactly as you describe.
    Also the @#@$$ seat-belts do the same!

Yes, great ideas!

My guess is perhaps chain was just loose at onset and has doubled over either at frame or tensioner. If that is the case engine tower may need removal to get to it.
    Good luck and let us know what you find.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I had a similar problem this week with my MAX II...the master connecting link on left side vertical jack shaft chain lost the clip, and the link fell out causing the chain to drop and become tangled in the chains, locking the left side. Long story short, I found that this machine is bear to work on, but several hours later, I finally got my pudgy arm down there, got the chain loose and was able to replace the link.

Well found the problem. The rear small drive chain under the engine platform has broken and folded over and lodged under the sprocket. I can't get the chain out with my mitts. Its wedged pretty tight. I cant move the machine yet, so i can't lift the engine and engine platform out. So onto figuring how I'm gonna do this?

My M-IV broke the right side primary chain and it locked up as yours did, but my nephew was able to get that chain out.
    The thought I had at the time was to shove a 2x4 under the axle/floor (tub) to flex the bottom downward, thus giving more room to get the chain out. We never did it, but just maybe it might be worth a try?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread