Just got a max4 ,help needed.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got a max4 ,help needed.

Just got a max4 ,help needed.

Hey hey,guys and gals.
    I just received a max4 that was supposed to have a strong engine and transmission but turns out engine is very sad and the transmission could use adjustment or rebuilt.
    The chains are also in need of replacement. The body overall is nice but the frame is in need of repair ,rear corner is broken well rusted through actually.
    I'm gonna bring her back to life over the next few months so I'm wondering about parts and wheres the best place to get them.
    1. Motor replacement has 20hp Honda currently (sad shape)
    2. Chains size and length and where to get them.
    3. Bearings for axels.
    4. Possible transmission bands.
    I'm new to the max machines so any pointers /help greatly appreciated. 👍

welcome byrd to the site . plenty of good people on here for advice and guidance on your machine. i have a max 2 . lot's of fellows use '' buffalo bearing co. '' for bearings . 716 874 1720 . i bought good quality roller chain from '' u.s.a. roller chain co . '' for a good price 407 347 3519 . i believe your axle chains are # 50 ' s. not sure on length , but i buy 10' rolls. as for the engine , many really like the harbor freight 23 h.p. engine . very affordable . thats a little info for you . others will reply... have fun on your project . where do you live ? johnboy va.

Chain lengths are 52 links primaries, 116 links centers, 122 fronts. I like sealed o ring chain. Size is 530. Lots of different options out there just make sure it has a clip style master links. Most Motorcycle chain manufacturers are going to the rivet style masters. Like Johnboy says lots of us use Buffalo brg. Get the set screw type and eliminate the problematic lock collar style that comes factory.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I'm located in Knoxville tennessee where 6x6s are scarce really.
    Thanks for all the great information.
    I'm gonna start tearing her down either today or starting next weekend.
    New chains and bearings for sure plus frame repair.
    I'm gonna pull the motor out and see if a buddy can get her running good but I have low Hope's of that unless it's just a carburetor issue.
    I had a hustler that the honda in it just nickle and dimmed me to death.
    A new motor could be on the horizon.
    I'll get a few pictures up later today of her.����

Last edited by Byrd; 09-16-2019 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread