Hustler wont go in reverse

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler wont go in reverse

Hustler wont go in reverse

No reverse im guessing linkage thing any thoughts and yes i am pulling back lol thanks in ADVANCE

Wereonem,

What's the history on this machine? Did reverse just quit working one day? When you are going forward are you able to apply the brakes by pulling back on the laterals?

Check the following:
    1) band adjustment
    2) linkage is actually pushing the diamond shifter fully into the reverse position. If you have any question, disconnect the linkage at the diamond and shift it by hand.
    3) pull the diamond shifter and check the pin. Pins can be worn to the point that it won't engage reverse. Pins can also be broken completely off, but then you wouldn't have forward either.

I bought it and it was rough i ve gotten everything working except reverse its acts like want to but doesnt quite engage ill check the pins thanks

If you put the machine in reverse, give it throttle and pull back on the laterals and it feels like it wants to move, then check the band adjustment.

It was linkage everything works great now thanks

Great! I'm glad you're up and running.

+ Reply to Thread