cvt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cvt

cvt

Can the cvt wear down and start popping? And also does hustler make a roll bar?

what exactly do you mean by popping?
    i dont thing theres anyything in a cvt that could wear down besides the belt

Popping noise would probably be a misaligned or loose chain. You CAN wear down either the belt or the Drive clutch. The driven can be damaged too, usually by rust, but that would cause slipping, possibly a burnt-rubber smell, but I doubt popping.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Hustler actually built 2 versions of a roll cage. They are made of aluminum. Here are some pictures. The link to the second picture is the one that is much more common.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...r-pics-002.jpg

It is the thing on the side of the t-20 trannie it has a spring in the middle of it can it wear down? Mine looks like its slipping or something.

Quote Originally Posted by nobrothers View Post
    It is the thing on the side of the t-20 trannie it has a spring in the middle of it can it wear down? Mine looks like its slipping or something.
    Ok, that's the driven clutch. What looks like it's slipping, The belt? Is the belt worn, no longer sitting up just above the top of the driven? The inside surfaces of the clutches (On engine and Tranny) should be straight from center to outside, no grooves or low-spots. Check with a straight-edge. Driven will be tough since it sits at closed. There are 3 small (sliders, I don't know the official term for them) that are a white plastic, on the opening hafl of the clutch that slide on the stationary half of the clutch. If these wear out you'll wear out the ramps, never doen it so I don't know what happens next, popping could be a possibility. With the belt removed, you should be able to twist the sliding half of clutch 1/3 of a turn with moderate resistance. If there's none, your spring is damaged/dislodged. LMK, this is a new one for me
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

where can you buy one,just in case?

Thanks mine is like the 2nd group of pics bottom one and look like slipping is their a way to tighten it?

+ Reply to Thread