Differance in Hustler models?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Differance in Hustler models?

I just picked up a hustler 880hk fiberglass tub machine and it has a kohler 440 twin two stroke in it. It is lightly built compared to a 900/950 poly bodied machine.
    My collection: 2) attexes, 1) super swamp fox

Quote Originally Posted by marshgunner View Post
    I just picked up a hustler 880hk fiberglass tub machine and it has a kohler 440 twin two stroke in it. It is lightly built compared to a 900/950 poly bodied machine.
    1" axles? Slightly different frame made with thinner steel.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yes that sounds about right for the axles as they looked about the same as the attex sitting right next to it. It also has a poly skidplate that starts right under the headlights and heads under the machine about 3/4 of the way to the rear. I have seen this on a few other fiberglass machines so I am guessing that this came factory?
    My collection: 2) attexes, 1) super swamp fox

I'm not sure if the fiberglass Hustlers did or didn't come with a factory skid plate. Could you post some pictures?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Which hustlers came with a roll cage? I found a hustler here in Alaska where I live and it has a factory looking roll cage and a blown briggs 18 horse engine. The guy who has it says its a 980 but I think its a 950? It has 22x11x8 tires on it with room for bigger but I don't think 26" tires would fit maybe 25's? I will get with him again soon to take a longer look.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I'm not sure if the fiberglass Hustlers did or didn't come with a factory skid plate. Could you post some pictures?
    My Hustler had a thin sheet metal "skid plate" when I got it. I always thought it was OEM. It was installed very "professionally" in my opinion.

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    Which hustlers came with a roll cage? I found a hustler here in Alaska where I live and it has a factory looking roll cage and a blown briggs 18 horse engine. The guy who has it says its a 980 but I think its a 950? It has 22x11x8 tires on it with room for bigger but I don't think 26" tires would fit maybe 25's? I will get with him again soon to take a longer look.
    Sounds like a 950 to me. I think the cage was available on at least the 900, 950, and 980. I know I have seen them on all those models.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Sounds like a 950 to me. I think the cage was available on at least the 900, 950, and 980. I know I have seen them on all those models.
    Drew is right, if it has a 18HP Briggs flat twin I/C engine, it's a 1980's model 950.

I will try to get some pictures and post them?

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    After looking closer at this supposed 980 I have found that its not a hustler but a sidewinder with a blown 18hp briggs. It looks just like the one pictured below.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/data...m/DSC08766.JPG

+ Reply to Thread