My new ride, Hustler 900?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new ride, Hustler 900?

Talking My new ride, Hustler 900? Lots of pics

Well I got her home today. Let it thaw out, adjusted the throttle and choke cables, and aired up the tires. She runs and drives, I'm pretty excited about that! Not sure what is going on with the plywood, haven't dug into it yet. Looks like a temporary bearing repair to me.

Here are some pictures, click on them for full size view.

Last edited by kgrant; 02-01-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Wow, that's a nice Hustler! I think that's the first one I've ever seen up there in Alaska. Keep us posted on the coming adventures with it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile hoostler bearing

I think i saw a dealer on the net selling those.

Wow you need to change that plywood / erector set flange mod asap!

Also it looks like you have a split shifter set up on the machine very cool.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Nice ride

I agree with Micmac. That block of wood needs to go. Isn't it amazing what people do. Look forward to seeing you putting this machine on the trails. Keep us posted.

Lewis

Yeah it has the split shifter. I thought the wood bearing repair was quite ingenious. When I replace the bearing I'm going to keep the wood one in my tool kit on the machine.

I just realized that was THE bearing, and not a retainer. LOL I like the idea of it as a field spare! We could get sophisicated and bore it for a neoprene bushing and a grease zert. Maybe a seal, too.

Type of engine

What type of engine you got in there?

Yeah, that's THE bearing. I pulled the wood off and the bearing is gutted. The bearing on the other side is gutted too. The other 4 are tight. I pulled the axle pins and drove it around. Took a while to break the sprockets loose on the axles. May have been easier if I had something other than snow to ride in!

Got the motor running good. Changed the fluid in the tranny.

Cleaned out a corner in the garage and am going to start replacing the bearings.

Engine is the Kohler K440-2AM.

Congrats on your Hustler. Yours looks exactly like mine and the data plate on my machine says it's a Hustler 900.

Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread