Here's proof: 25" Mudbugs on 950 Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Here's proof: 25" Mudbugs on 950 Hustler

Looking good and mean!
    Hammers should have warning labels.

I can't believe I just saw this thread now........that Hustler 950 with Mudbug tires looks mean!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Thanks JP, these tires are far better in the mud than the rawhides were, and they will swim ... a little... not gonna be setting any speed records. The best - and I can't say this enough- the best thing about this setup is the Muddox beadlock rims, I have run these tires with 0 air pressure through the same stuff that popped beads loose consistently before- with as much as 6psi. I put the rawhides on in about 1hr 45 mins, but fought to get 1 Mudbug on in 1.5 hrs, wound up getting a tire store to mount the rest, and seat the bead on the one I mounted-very scary, popped so loud I could hear it 60 yds away as I drove off to work! yikes!!!
    Like I said the best service I ever got out of the Hustler rims and rawhides was trading them to Matt O for 6 of his beadlock rims!

Now I have read, and seen on vids, other members running rawhide on their machines and going through some nasty stuff, which to me is perplexing, because the 22s I ran didn't do well on my machine at all. So I can't help but wonder if 25" rawhides would have done better.

I do owe some thanks to Dave for bringing, and Noel Woods for loaning, 2 mounted Mudbugs for a test fitting, which proved to me that they would, will, and do fit.
    Last edited by brushcutter; 11-14-2010 at 10:06 AM.

You remember what the wheels set you back? You mentioned trading your original ones to mud ox, does that mean they offer some credit or core charge?
    Last edited by FarwestHustler; 11-14-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Because anything less isn't really "All-Terrain"

If you're in CA, you might be able to buy 6 used Ox wheels from member Whipper, in Phoenix.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Farwest, I don't know if they offer anything such as credit or core. I think it was just lucky timing, Matt had a machine that he was restoring that needed some tires or rims like mine, and mine would work, if I remember right he had posted on the forum looking for them, I offered my tires and rims in trade for 6 of his rims and he accepted. So I guess one could say ours was more of a personal deal rather than a buisiness transaction. Matt is a GREAT guy to deal with and very friendly, so you could call and get a price.

JIC - UPS will ship tires already mounted to the rims, if you let all the air out.

What size rims do you have for the 25" Mud Bugs and where can I get some to fit my 950?

I'm pretty sure they're the 25x12-9" variety on his 950. Both Argo and Mudd-Ox manufacture great 9" rims to fit them. Remember that it required about a half inch additional spacing on his rims to clear the body.

I no longer have the 950, it and my 980 sold to member Shane Kearney for enough to round out the fund for my new shop. The rims were from Matt O, and I traded him the originals off my hustler mounted with 22" rawhide III's. They were 9" beadlocks, and I literally ran the Mudbugs with 0 air pressure just to see if they would, and ya know what- they did!

So now I find myself in the situation that I knew I would be in when I made the choice to sell the toys to Shane, a nice new shop and no amphib to tinker on. Not to worry, its tax time and we're makin a little OT, thinkin maybe a Max IV this time, splined axles and whatnot.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Anyone else get sad when scrolling through a post and see a Roger S post.

Gone but not forgotten..
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread