how do i fix my hustler?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: how do i fix my hustler?

Ive had a change of heart and decided to rebuild the Kohler. I need parts.....lots of parts...I know for sure that I need a new carb. I also need new coverings. While I have it apart I might as well replace all of the gaskets and put a ring kit on it. I guess crankshaft bearings should go into the mix as well. I dont know about the starter yet, I may need one of them too. Where do I need to go to get these parts? And what do you think the rebuild will cost me?

Does anyone have a repair manual/parts guide in like a PDF or somthing printable for the K321? I need some sort of guide to find what parts I need and put it back together correctly. I also need to know where the best place to get parts for this engine is.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

http://www.asberry.net/files/TP-1346-C.pdf

It doesnt look like there is a parts break down but you might get some basic info from it
    Last edited by micmac; 09-05-2009 at 08:22 PM.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Thanks that'll be useful. Me and my grandad tore the K341 down this afternoon, and it looks alot better than we expected. I mostly just needed cleanin up. I plan on having a valve job done and since I took it apart it's gotta have new gaskets and seals. I will also have to put a ring kit on the piston. Is it possible to buy an Overhaul Kit for this engine, or do I just have to buy the seals and gaskets individually? The crankshaft bearings were in excellent condition, as was the piston rod and piston itself.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Ok I should have the engine back together and running by this weekend. (its at my local small engine shop for a valve job...) While Im waiting on the engine I was planning on replacing the axle bearings...jpswift gave me the outer bearing part # does anyone know the inner bearing #? Or are they just the same? I was also gonna replace the fluid in the T-20. Do I have to remove it to change the fluid, or can I drain it where it is?
    1974 Honda ATC 70

The inner bearings used by Hustler vary thru out the years. It's best to take them out and measure them and hope that they measure 52mm O.D. because those are easy to find and cheaper than the 47mm ones that where used on earlier models. Since you have the K341 you will more than likely have the 52mm which I use SA205-16 bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt81 View Post
    Since you have the K341 you will more than likely have the 52mm which I use SA205-16 bearings.
    Are those bearings also from Buffalo Bearing?
    1974 Honda ATC 70

You can get them anywhere. Just search for them on the net, find a place and price you like. Plus you can find them at places like TSC.

Is there any way to drain the T-20 without taking it out of the tub, or does it need to come out? I was planning on changing the fluid and only rebuilding it if gear oil came out. If it has ATF in it I'll leave it alone.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

You can either lift the front end of the vehicle to drain as much out as possible. Or use a fluid suction system a cheapo from an auto parts store works. If atf or type F comes out I would drain as much as you can, flush with some new stuff and put the proper amount in and you should be good to go
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread