New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Select all Hustler bodies or shells you would be interested to purchase:

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upper Body

44 65.67%
  • 950 Lower body (up to 25" tires)

14 20.90%
  • 980 Lower body (up to 26" tires)

44 65.67%
  • Engine Cover

40 59.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

hey guys...
    as far as i know richard still has the molds...he was the guy i was talking to about purchasing the molds from, but he didn't want to sell the molds until he sold all of his spare bodies (probably to keep from any competition). hopefully someday either i or someone on here can snatch up those molds and do something with them. i check back with him time to time to see if anything has changed.

Richard told me monday he is out of good 980 bodies. The only ones he has left he said where cracked or defective in some way. So whats the deal. Could this be a reality. If I can help this along in anyway let me know. I would be glad to buy a original nos body or buy a new one. Id love to be there to help make some. Let me know what needs to happen.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

just out of curiosity, i work at a plant that makes things from HDPE and our cost on a sheet of 1/4" HDPE 5x10 is some $280 plus heating and vac costs ... how you gonna produce these things for $300 each ??

How are you going to heat something that big?
    Last edited by highrollinmopars; 07-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

I got a call back from Route6x6 about my order for a Hustler 980 tub set. All his remaining tubs are damaged and split on the corners from the tub top down the corners. They are not salvageable. The tubs where stored stack on top of each other the the weight of the tubs bearing down on the last in the stack is what broke the remaining tubs. I ordered his last Hustler 950 top and bottom tubs and I'll have it shortly. He is now completely out of Hustler tubs. I feel lucky to get the last one.

It's been a while since I looked into this, but last I checked I found a supplier online who had 5x10 sheets of HDPE for much cheaper than $280, but it was in black. If you wanted any other color, it would run $100 more or so. Richard did not want to let go of his molds until he sold off the bodies he had in stock, which is understandable. Now that he's out of 980 tubs, I wonder if he changed his mind on that.

As far as heating, the aluminum molds for the body would be taken to a company that specialized in vacuum-forming and they would form the bodies - I wouldn't do it myself.

Sooooooooooo,,,,,, What's the latest and greatest of the molds? Anyone?
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Guys, I would be interested as well. Can you tell me if the drive carriage on the 950 will work in the 980?

Cadman

Cadman, the 950 frame and driveline will fit perfectly in a 980 body. The only tiny little modification you'd need to make is to raise the steel seat mount up a couple inches on both sides. VERY easy to do......it's just a piece of flat steel that you'd need to weld on to raise the seat mount up to fit in the deeper 980 lower tub.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Andy,

How long are you going to poll? I was going to move forward with a custom metal body but I would consider a new 980 tub and top instead. Any timeline?

With the 980 I think the additional height would give me room for my no cv springer design. About how tall is it from the center-line of the axle to the bottom of the fender?

I could finish a modified 3D design for a springer and the 980 tub if someone could give me a cross section drawing of the tub and fender area. Approx dims would be ok as my design is flexible, low cost, and simple. I will post some pics if there is interest.
    Last edited by Mike; 12-25-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts. You can edit your original post.

+ Reply to Thread