Deep South Members

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deep South Members

Deep South Members

I live in central Alabama,Sense alot of people don't post where they live,I was wondering how many older or new members live in this area.I don't hunt or fish,My thing is riding and i am very dedicated to it.I ride just about every weekend and would really like to meet and ride with other members with aatv's.I have lot's of friends that ride 4 wheelers and we have a lot of fun but i am the only one with a 6 wheeler.If anyone would like to ride just let me know.I went back to Talladega this weekend and had a great ride.I could have sold the argo to a couple of people,After showing them what it is capable of doing,They loved it[I guess i really like to show off] It really would be nice to have another machine to ride with.I could build more 6 wheelers and sell them to the locals,then there would be more people riding them.My problem is i would want to keep them all.Hope to hear from some of the members,Happy trails.

Cell: 256-508-0632 North-Central ALABAMA( Huntsville Area)
    Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    I live in central Alabama,Sense alot of people don't post where they live,I was wondering how many older or new members live in this area.I don't hunt or fish,My thing is riding and i am very dedicated to it.I ride just about every weekend and would really like to meet and ride with other members with aatv's.I have lot's of friends that ride 4 wheelers and we have a lot of fun but i am the only one with a 6 wheeler.If anyone would like to ride just let me know.I went back to Talladega this weekend and had a great ride.I could have sold the argo to a couple of people,After showing them what it is capable of doing,They loved it[I guess i really like to show off] It really would be nice to have another machine to ride with.I could build more 6 wheelers and sell them to the locals,then there would be more people riding them.My problem is i would want to keep them all.Hope to hear from some of the members,Happy trails.
    I ride a 14 hp MAX II that is about 12 years old but had less than 100 hours on it when I bought it just a few months ago. When I bought it I changed all the fluids and filters and even changed the fuel line and emptied and rinsed out the gass tank.

I live in the Huntsville Alabama area and ride mostly in the Stevenson Alabama area. You are welcome to contact me.

On the first trip out on my machine I was not able to make it up the hill with the guys on ATVs and was embarrased. Tried to load my MAX II up the ramp onto my pickup truck. My MAX would not make it up the ramp on it's own power ... after a few attempts and a whole lot of guys pushing... It was clear that I would have to get a run at the ramps in order to get up them....
    Well, I broke out the back window of my truck by loading it onto the bed of my new pick-up truck. $550.00 window repair.

On the next trip out I sank my MAX II completely underwater by simply trying to climb up out of a creek. The engine vent holes in the back of the machine went underwater while I was climbing out and that swamped the hull completely. It sank till only the roll bars could be seen. It took a four wheel drive pickup truck to pull it out of that creek about an hour later.

Third trip out I attempted to climb up the mountain with the other guys who are on Honda ATVs. I did not make it all the way up because my MAX II did not have enough engine power..... I was embarrassed.

Do you Know anyone who wants to buy a Max II with Less than 150 hours on it????

Fourth trip I tried the mountain trial again after tuning up my machine. The belt broke 3/4 of the way up just before dark so I had to abandon my machine up in the wilderness until the next day...

Your average autoparts store does not carry these belts. Cost me about $75.00 for a new belt and a # of days later I received it in from Recreative Ind. ... It took me more than three hours to walk and climb 33 degree slope back up that mountain with a load of tools in a military style ruck sack to change the belt.

So, Out of about 5 trips; none were completely successful.

Do you Know anyone who wants to buy a Max II with Less than 150 hours on it????

Let's ride...

It would be nice to have someone around to help push.

John
    Last edited by jbies; 01-02-2014 at 11:54 PM.

hey,
    i'd be up for getting a southern even together once the attex is put together lol...maybe i'll make a custom 8x8 attex by then too...

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    ok coosaridgerider we are 7 days away from busco . you can make it going to be a bunch of 6x6world members there and carolinaboys so come on . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    ok coosaridgerider we are 7 days away from busco . you can make it going to be a bunch of 6x6world members there and carolinaboys so come on . robbie
    Man i wish i could,Thats 600 miles and 10 hours away,One way.Need to have one halfway some where.Have fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by andylmusic76 View Post
    hey,
    i'd be up for getting a southern even together once the attex is put together lol...maybe i'll make a custom 8x8 attex by then too...
    Any time,Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jbies View Post
    I ride a 14 hp MAX II that is about 12 years old but had less than 100 hours on it when I bought it just a few months ago. When I bought it I changed all the fluids and filters and even changed the fuel line and emptied and rinsed out the gass tank.

I live in the Huntsville Alabama area and ride mostly in the Stevenson Alabama area. You are welcome to contact me.

On the first trip out on my machine I was not able to make it up the hill with the guys on ATVs and was embarrased. Tried to load my MAX II up the ramp onto my pickup truck. My MAX would not make it up the ramp on it's own power ... after a few attempts and a whole lot of guys pushing... It was clear that I would have to get a run at the ramps in order to get up them....
    Well, I broke out the back window of my truck by loading it onto the bed of my new pick-up truck. $550.00 window repair.

On the next trip out I sank my MAX II completely underwater by simply trying to climb up out of a creek. The engine vent holes in the back of the machine went underwater while I was climbing out and that swamped the hull completely. It sank till only the roll bars could be seen. It took a four wheel drive pickup truck to pull it out of that creek about an hour later.

Third trip out I attempted to climb up the mountain with the other guys who are on Honda ATVs. I did not make it all the way up because my MAX II did not have enough engine power..... I was embarrassed.

Know anyone who wants to buy a Max II with Less than 150 hours on it????

Fourth trip I tried the mountain trial again after tuning up my machine. The belt broke 3/4 of the way up just before dark so I had to abandon my machine up in the wilderness until the next day...

Your average autoparts store does not carry these belts. Cost me about $75.00 for a new belt and a # of days later I received it in from Recreative Ind. ... It took me more than three hours to walk and climb 33 degree slope back up that mountain with a load of tools in a military style ruck sack to change the belt.

So, Out of about 5 trips; none were completely successfull.

Know anyone who wants to buy a Max II with Less than 150 hours on it????

Let's ride...

It would be nice to have someone around to help push.

John
    Hi jbies,I over looked your post.I'm glad to see another member in Alabama.That makes 4 that i know of.It sounds like you are having a hard time with the max.I have had my share of mishaps at first,After more time on these machines you get more familiar with the machine and it,s capabilities.I hope you haven't given up on it,The 14hp is under powered in the maxll.You could put a 16hp carb on it,That would help alot.It would be great to have a ride with some one other than myself.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    hi i live in south carolina and i just got me one max ii and i like to go ride with some one at carolina adventure world one weekend let me know

hi i just got me a max 2 and would lov to ride i live in hamilton ga.
    max2 with 3000lb winch,split shifter, off road lights, and 50 amp alternator

I've been pondering another ride @ CAW. Maybe we could set one up for sometime in February. I' just outside of Charlotte, so it's only about an 1 1/2 hr drive for me.

McCoy
    I Love the Smell of KLOTZ in the Morning. It Smells Like....... HORSEPOWER!

+ Reply to Thread