Price of a Max 6X6??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Price of a Max 6X6??

Price of a Max 6X6??

I got a lead on a Max 6X6 (an older one in the 70's)...needs work, so far the owner has told me it needs a throttle cable and a bearing on one axle....it probably needs more I'm sure...whats a decent price for one of these machines? He's looking for an offer on it....I don't want to over pay for it, but I don't want to insult him either....lol
    Last edited by Mike; 04-30-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: moved thread to the Max forum
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

MaxII?
    There are MANY different factors to consider.......the big ones are engine, tires, and condition of the body. If the machine is not driveable(to test the trans) think of it as a sum of the parts you can use. Bearings are not expensive, but the sprockets can be.

I would offer him $500 and go from there. If it were driveable start at $800-1000. Persoonally, I'd say an older 2 stroke with hollow 3 bolt axles and MODERN tires would TOP out at approx $2k
    4 strokes with the 5 bolt rims/axles seem to go for up to $3k. Newer splined axle machines will bring a little more (I paid $2700 for mine with 171 hrs)...As do MaxIV's

I just payed $700 for a 98 max IV with splinned axles so I would say $350-500 on an older II right now. It should have hollow axles and a two stroke.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I have to go and see it yet, I appreciate the info, I'm thinking of picking this up instead of redoing the Trail Boss...if I can get it for a nice price and it's not beaten up to badly....
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

I called the guy and questioned him on it...it's an 89-90, has title, has a 16hp briggs twin in it, fairly new tires, new battery, the tub is in great shape , no cracks or holes and has a widshield to go with it...again it needs the throttle cable and bearing replaced....he's asking $1500 for it...what do you guys think?

I would say go for it. The 16 briggs (really easy to work on and a great power plant) and the fact that it has a windshield (which goes for $600 plus, from the RI), but i wouldn't go no higher than that. Offer 1200 and maybe meet in the middle at $1350. I have a 16hp briggs in my 980 Bigfoot Hustler which weighs 900 plus pounds and it performed well at Busco last weekend. The older maxII's were pretty light considering they have hollow axles. I hoped that I helped!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I just have to figure out how to get the cash out of the bank without the boss finding out...lol

$1500 seems steep for the area and the year. Its not killer but I would say $1200 considering it needs work would be the most I would go.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread