Max II 850T Drive Belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max II 850T Drive Belt

Max II 850T Drive Belt

My manual recommends drive belt replacement every 200 hours.I am getting close to that and my belt still works though at full adjustment with a tiny squeal when taking off.I do use belt dressing but still get a squeal.What method do people use to find the correct belt.My belt is clearly a Dayco and it marked with numbers 15241 3902 285 .I am not having any luck trying to find this number with Dayco dealers. ATV dealers have Dayco belts though badged under the name of their equipment and their sizes pertain to their own specific equipment.I did have a belt with the factory suppled maintenance kit which is not the right size(too short,drives without throttle).Since 2003 it appears Dayco have renumbered their belts.Anyone have any suggestions to my dilemma? R.I. could probably supply a belt but I would suspect would be very hesitant to issue details enabling one to buy anywhere and as well I doubt they would ship to Canada,and there are no dealers in Canada within 3000 miles of me.LOL a real catch-22.

RI would ship you a belt to Canada if you choose to go that route. Otherwise you should be able to take it to your local parts store and have them cross reference the numbers for you. Or you can just measure the belt and get one the same length. Here is a list of sizes in the articles section: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...ive-belts.html

Mike, thanks for the advice.The numbers cannot be cross referenced by the local Dayco dealer and I had visited your article section just a few days ago and read the article posting on Dayco belts.None of the numbers seem to apply currently.It seems Dayco has changed their numbering system and this belt now is headed by prefix HP. I have emailed Dayco hoping for a cross reference.
    I suspect that most people must merely pick them up from R.I. and that is possibly where this will take me.

where abouts in canada are you ,there are dealers in Quebec ,Manitoba , Sask, Alberta and BC, i know all of them and i can get you an addy and phone for any of them, let me know

I would appreciate that Robinhood,the dealer in Quebec is closest as I'm in New Brunswick.The dealer in Saskatchewan is fairly new and the others you mention are all representatives of the Canadian distributor,even family members I think.Canadian distributorship laws don't apply to Quebec so I assume they buy from R.I. . The rest of us are at the mercy of the Canadian distributor.Their representative for eastern Canada is in Ontario even though there is no dealer in Ontario.I have contacted them regarding a dealership here but they don't return phone calls or emails.I would think getting a part from any of them would present a real challenge. LOL

My real apprehension from ordering sight unseen even direct from R.I. is the factory supplied spare was too short.I'd rather if possible replace by what was originally on the machine and did work.

here is the Quebec Dealer that i know of
    PHILLIP MALETTE
    CENTRE AMPHIBIEN DE OUTAWAIS
    696 RANGE 7
    WEST THURSO PQ J0X 3B0
    819-985-2400

you may need to be able to speak french his accent in english is strong

i find it interesting that you say that about the canadian dist. ive heard the same thing from countless others that something needs to be done about those 2 brothers , many oil companies that use the max up here have dropped them and sold them and gone to other manufacturers due to inability to get parts FAST , most commecial users want their parts TOMMOROW and they don't care how much they are ,but get them NOW it seems that the canadian dist. can't achieve that or is unwilling to have the parts in stock or machines for that matter

i wont say who ,but i've even heard that a dealer in southern AB doesn't even buy his machines from the dist. he goes accross the border to Montana or Colarado or somewhere down there and brings them back from a dealer down there and gets them for less than the dist. supplies them at wholesale LOL
    I think that the Canadian Dist. for Max needs to get serious about the buisness of Max or step aside and let someone else .

and i know that peeps from RI read these boards
    so if you got legitimate complaints you may want to post them

oh PS ,i too noticed that my spare belt that came with my Max IV is too short , good thing you reminded me ,LOL, i need to order a spare belt but i gotta get the # off the old one

Have you visited an auto parts store and tried to find a replacement belt by size (or measured yourself and searched by size) instead of the parts numbers themselves? That is how I found a custom size belt for my wife's Max IV. Hopefully Dayco will email you back. Good luck.

I tried the major auto parts retailer in our region today.They were down to some of their more inexperienced Saturday morning staff but they really tried.They suggested measuring as well and I think we will get through it as well.If Dayco does answer me I'll furnish any info they give to this forum.I always visit this forum looking for short cuts and have found many.

+ Reply to Thread