Max IV mods

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max IV mods

Max IV mods

Here are some mods I made on my Max IV.

1st. Front push bar / winch mount. The bar is mounted under the body seem and bolted to the factory roll cage angle through the body seam. I used another piece of angle on the front body seam to mount the rear of the winch. I used another piece of angle on the front to make up the difference in height of the push bar and the angle on the body seam.

2nd. Block off grate under front of front seat to keep things from sliding from the rear floor to the front floor. Keeps cooler in place under front seat and keeps dead soldiers from rolling forward.

3rd. Under seat removable storage box. Full size of the seat frame ,10" deep. It hangs by the lips of the box. To remove, just lift out. Provides easy access to the battery, chain adjusters and seat bolts.
    Attached Images

Very nice functional mods without waste or unnecessary weight. The divider and box should be factory.

I've been working the heater for the Max. I have it mounted and somewhat wired. It does blow a good amount of air to the front of the machine and the way the air comes to the front, it seems to blow evenly across the whole front floor area. The blower is a 4" unit from the local boat supply for $20. The current draw is 4.5 A. I think it is rated at 270 CFM. With the blower and the new engine cover, I should have some heat. I will try it this weekend. I plan on adding a piece of duct to collect the heat from the front cylinder. Once the weather gets better, I will paint the engine cover. It's insulated to keep the heat and noise inside the engine compartment.
    Attached Images

Looking good...."dead soldiers", I have now added to my vocabulary, that's great!

cool .i'll have to rember that when i get mine robbie .

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    I've been working the heater for the Max. I have it mounted and somewhat wired. It does blow a good amount of air to the front of the machine and the way the air comes to the front, it seems to blow evenly across the whole front floor area. The blower is a 4" unit from the local boat supply for $20. The current draw is 4.5 A. I think it is rated at 270 CFM. With the blower and the new engine cover, I should have some heat. I will try it this weekend. I plan on adding a piece of duct to collect the heat from the front cylinder. Once the weather gets better, I will paint the engine cover. It's insulated to keep the heat and noise inside the engine compartment.
    Well, How did the heater work?

Whipper

The heater worked very well this weekend. I went out for 30 minute ride. I have a windshield and a roof. I could feel heat on my feet during my ride and cold feel heat on my face when I stopped. Usually there is no feeling of heat what so ever when riding a Max IV, but now there is. I have about $30 invested and its one of the best mods I've done. Even on the cool summer nights, I'm sure I'll turn on the heat for some warmth. I added a small piece of duct to the blower to get some more heat from the front cylinder.

I am working on some side windows to keep the heat in a little better. I don't like the cold and now I just extended my riding season a few more months !

liflod. Please post some pics of the non slosh, gimbal suspended beer chest.
    Just kidding

Here's my governor mods. I finally figured it out. I have very light throttle pressure with governor control up to 3/4 throttle and then I have ungoverned throttle above 3/4. I moved the connection point on the bell crank out about 1/2 inch. The screw in the top plate is where it connected originally. This gives me more leverage and makes the throttle easy to move.

I routed a piece of cable through the governor spring. One side has the ball on it so it doesn't pull through and the other side is adjustable. It uses the same holes as the spring. Now, once the spring stretches so far, the cable takes control and gives me another 500-1000 RPM.
    Attached Images

On my Max IV, I can "floor it" with the hand throttle lever, but the throttle on the engine doesn't feel like it's completely open. I'd love to get a little more travel/distance in that throttle cable, for a little more speed from the engine. If I understand you correctly, that's what you've managed to do here, right? I'd like to understand this governor tweak a little better. Are you able to post more photos?

+ Reply to Thread