Max IV top

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Max IV top

Quote Originally Posted by getwilde View Post
    Also, has anyone attempted a plexiglass rear window? Or a glass rear window? I was surprised how much louder the motor sounded as soon as the rear vinyl started to develop cracks and holes! Our kids ride in that back seat; I'd like to isolate them from the noise as much as possible.
    Here I am answering my own question. I found a 2'x4' sheet of 1/4" plexiglass through the local classifieds for dirt-cheap. I traced the shape of the rear rollbar onto it, cut it with a jigsaw, and sanded the edges with a rasp. Along the sides and top, I used a rotozip to cut 7 evenly-spaced "slits", through which fed straps of industrial velcro to attach the plexiglass to the rollbar. It worked fine but felt a little loose. So I ended up running a bead of clear silicone around the entire edge, where the plexiglass contacted the rollbar. That part is not beautiful, but the top and side edges are all covered by the fabric cover anyway, so it didn't need to be. I've had it on there for a couple of months and it's worked out great so far.

Getwilde,

Ok. I know this is an old thread, but I had an idea for what you could put on the roll bar to help with the looseness and vibration of the plexiglass. You can get it in a foam (like a swimming pool noodle) or the more flexible foam rubber like this ( Shop Frost King 3/4-in x 6-ft Rubber Plumbing Tubular Pipe Insulation at Lowes.com ) The rubber has an adhesive backing, so you could put two together and wrap the entire pipe. Then attach the plexiglass however you want. The stuff is pretty durable, and will last outside for years. My dad was a HVAC guy, so we always had this stuff and found unique uses for it.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

+ Reply to Thread