adding tracks to a MAX IV ... without bearing extensions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: adding tracks to a MAX IV ... without bearing extensions

I got a 2008 MAX IV and I still have 2 sets of plastic tracks from my previous argo.

I will use the wheel spacers I still have but the MAX don't have the bearing extensions like my argo had.

As I don't want to spend tons of money but can fabricate, IS IT A GOOD IDEA to just use a bar to tie all axles together (with bearings and flanges) as close to the tires as possible ?

I guess it will spread the load on the 3 axles and could be enough.

any comment ?
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I guess most Max AATV live in the south... (lucky owners...)

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post

I got a 2008 MAX IV and I still have 2 sets of plastic tracks from my previous Argo.

I will use the wheel spacers I still have but the MAX don't have the bearing extensions like my Argo had.

As I don't want to spend tons of money but can fabricate, IS IT A GOOD IDEA to just use a bar to tie all axles together (with bearings and flanges) as close to the tires as possible ?

I guess it will spread the load on the 3 axles and could be enough.

any comment ?
    Smog, I would like the same information since I am considering a set of Adair Tracks for my MaxIV, however i am worried about the axles and the bearings. I don't understand why Max doesn't make an axle extension similar to the Argo, if they were available they would already be on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Smog, I would like the same information since I am considering a set of Adair Tracks for my MaxIV, however i am worried about the axles and the bearings. I don't understand why Max doesn't make an axle extension similar to the Argo, if they were available they would already be on my machine.
    that's why I may try only the tying bar to spread the charge on all axles

+ Reply to Thread