Max 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max 8x8

Max 8x8

I finally took the plunge and started laying out the two Max IV tubs and cutting up plastic yesterday afternoon. There's not a whole to be said, except that the cutting went well, and i started welding a tiny bit to hold the bodies together.

The whole thing is 10'2" long! It's huge! I need to get down to RI and negotiate a frame ASAP.

I took several pictures, but the Site is presenting the jpegtrans error to me when I upload, which has never happened before. I do most of my posting at work (shhhhh!!!!), and picture hosting Sites are blocked by our firewall, so pictures will have to wait until the issue is resolved with my uploads, or I get home and post pictures from there.

Very cool, Mike! If you want to get around the filters to get to the photo hosting sites just go to KPROXY - Free Anonymous Web Proxy - Anonymous Proxy and you'll be able to get in. I'm def looking forward to seeing this beast!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

yeah.... our firewall is pretty fool proof. It just laughs at us if we try using proxies. There's no way around it. It's like trying to wikipedia "Dali Llama" in China....

I've put a message on the old "8x8 axle spacing" thread redirecting the discussion here, since this is a formal build now, and not just talking about it...

::EDIT:: For whatever reason, my pictures went through, even after the error message. They should be HERE.

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 11-15-2010 at 12:56 PM.

SWEET! Can't wait to see what becomes of this. If it really works that well, maybe you'll have to take some of the R.I. guys for a ride. Oh, I know they'll never build one, not in my lifetime anyways
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Thats wild.. can't believe you started already.. I'd have talked about it for a year first

Is there enough tub(s) left for a unique 4 wheeler?
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Oh man, 6 posts in and this thread is already my favorite.

Can I have the Tank trainer?
    Banned

Like Mike said only a couple posts and I'm already fully invested in this. come on Mike (HydroMike) work faster... Why aren't you done yet?
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Now, this is going to be fun to watch. Say this like Betty Boop, "It's so BIG". I think it will be too big for the trails that I ride on. (I've been dying to say that to someone else. ) Just remember that when you weld those 2 bods together, there are no right angles.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I finally took the plunge and started laying out the two Max IV tubs and cutting up plastic yesterday afternoon.
    a little less conversation, and a lot more action !!!!

(pix please)
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread