No real berfore pictures but just picture a typical 20+ year old neglected rusty Max sitting outside for many years.
Started by a complete teardown of the machine and evaluate what is good and bad. Had to cut off one of the rear axles as the sprocket was stuck. It took alot of heat and all my hydraulic press could do to get it off the shaft. Other than that it came apart pretty easy. All of the factory tires were rotted and had been tubed at some point, the tube installer for some reason drilled a seperate hole for the valve stem, never seen that before. Any way the wheels were pretty rusty so I just replaced them all with Rec-Stuff wheels and new Duro 22x8 tires. The 12.5 Vanguard was leaking oil from several places so repalced all the gaskets and seals as well as replaced the ailing starter. I understand the 12.5 was installed for 2 years. Drained the T-20 which some one decided to fill to the fill plug instead of the level plug, man there was alot of fluid in there, so much for reading the manual. Replaced with the correct fluid and additive. Wiring harness was hacked and replaced with a harness from a boat trailer, interesting. I built a new harness using the factory build sheet. The tub had a 1 1/2 tear in the bottom rear corner, used gel-flex epoxy to repair along with a couple of chain/sprocket gouges on the inside of the tub. The frame and sprockets were quite rusty so I sand blasted, primed and painted all the steel. Polished out the rust and clear coated the steering levers. Replaced all 3 axle support rods and bronze bushings. Most of the axle bearing were broken and full of rust, repalced them all from Buffalo bearing. The windshield hinge was really beat so I replaced it with a new hinge and also upgraded the old bungee/wire support with the newer solid aluminum pole supports. Lowered the completed frame into the tub last night, now to start installing axles. 3 axles had to be re tubed so waiting for the machine shop to complete those. I'll post more pictures later.