NEW SYNTHETIC BEARING UPGRADE and upgrade to argo flanges on newer MAX IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEW SYNTHETIC BEARING UPGRADE and upgrade to argo flanges on newer MAX IV

Cool NEW SYNTHETIC BEARING UPGRADE and upgrade to argo flanges on newer MAX IV

some of the goodies i got from Adair i will be doing a full write up and videos of the install of these new support rails and inner frame supports in conjunction with the synthetic bearings and argo flanges.

1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

I thought you were selling this one. Now your upgrading it instead??? You are just full of surprises!!! Keep us updated and take lots of pics.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

when all else fails upgrade
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Looks like a good kit to strenghen the Max frame. Below are a few pictures of the upgrade I did to a 2002 Max IV that originally had the 72mm bearings. I made inner supports/brackets from the 1/4" steel HD bearing plate that Adair makes. I just cut the top and bottom edges off so it would fit inside the frame. I then cut the bolt holes out of the Max's frame and body, since the Argo HD bearings use the 62mm (not 72mm) bolt pattern. The steel plates give it the correct bolt pattern and are even stronger than the original frame. With either the Argo HD bearings I used or the synthetic bearings you will install, axle retention is important. This is easy with the Maxs outfitted with the splined axles that have the end turned down to 1-1/8" with a bolt in the end. If you upgrade a Max with the old round axles, you'll have to machine these upgrades into the axle so it can be held solidly in place.

Hdbearing2.jpg

Hdbearing1.jpg

Hdbearing3.jpg
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

yup you just use a jigsaw to cut out the bolt holes in towards the center circle which allows it to match the argo bolt pattern ya i already machined the ends of the axles and drilled and tapped them wish they were splined though
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Good write up. I'll be following this thread with great interest..

Are those synthetic bearing on the market and if so what do you think about them? I just wrote to Tim, waiting for his response.
    By the way I put a rear hd bearing kit on my avenger 2004 last year and like'd it. Easy to install.
    I jut talked to my dealer about that kit and he doesn't know anything about kit. He says that the only way to put hkd bearing is to modified the argo buddy. Surprise, nothing to modify ( for the rear axle anyway).
    Jack

as soon as i get them installed i will let you know but from what i have seen so far they look like a vast improvement over stock
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

did some work this week installed the backing plate made the minor frame modification to use the argo bolt pattern and test fitted the bearings and side tie in plates

i will add the videos after i edit them
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

late night tonight here is some of the work i did i added shaft seals to the inner synthetic bearing to prevent contamination during wash outs red loctited the seals in and put two screws over them to prevent them coming out while sliding the axle in.installed bearings and support plate.

MAX II 30HP Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread