Finally got plowed!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally got plowed!

Finally got plowed!

We only got about 3" of snow yesterday. Last year I wouldn't even have gotten the snow blower out for it, but this year is different. I installed a factory plow set up on my Max IV on Black Friday after I finished replacing worn idler sprockets and reinstalling the t-20 support upgrade as well as some general service stuff. My 20 min snow blow job is a 5 min plow job with the max. It is much more fun to use the max, and almost makes me wish I had a bigger driveway. She pushed great. I have not installed a heated throttle on it, and was a bit concerned it would have been frozen when I went out there, but I had set an Iv bag up with antifreeze on the throttle cable during my service work. Not only was the cable free, it was smoother than ever! I wish I remembered who posted about that nifty trick, I owe them a big thank you. I can't wait to get the chance to clean my driveway again. It's going to be a fun winter!!!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    have not installed a heated throttle on it, and was a bit concerned it would have been frozen when I went out there, but I had set an Iv bag up with antifreeze on the throttle cable during my service work. Not only was the cable free, it was smoother than ever! I wish I remembered who posted about that nifty trick, I owe them a big thank you. !
    I remember seeing this post also,It was one of our Canadian or Alaskan members,I believe. Thought it was a very clever preparation too. That's what make this site so powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    We only got about 3" of snow yesterday. Last year I wouldn't even have gotten the snow blower out for it, but this year is different. I installed a factory plow set up on my Max IV on Black Friday after I finished replacing worn idler sprockets and reinstalling the t-20 support upgrade as well as some general service stuff. My 20 min snow blow job is a 5 min plow job with the max. It is much more fun to use the max, and almost makes me wish I had a bigger driveway. She pushed great. I have not installed a heated throttle on it, and was a bit concerned it would have been frozen when I went out there, but I had set an Iv bag up with antifreeze on the throttle cable during my service work. Not only was the cable free, it was smoother than ever! I wish I remembered who posted about that nifty trick, I owe them a big thank you. I can't wait to get the chance to clean my driveway again. It's going to be a fun winter!!!
    I have also heard that antifreeze will corrode your cable. Look at how coolant in your radiator in your car looks like after a while.... Junk.... It has been said on the site before. Personally I would remove the antifreeze and pour isopropyl alcohol in there. Can never freeze and doesnt gum up like antifreeze does. Which I also learned on the site. I have heated cable and never need to turn it on and I plow with my machine all the time. Works like a charm. Just a word of advice is all... If you are going to eventually upgrade to heated cable then leave it. But if you'd rather use this cable for long while I would switch the fluids out. Just a word of advice for you buddy.

Now you can go down the street and make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    Now you can go down the street and make some money.
    Going up and down the street is 90% why I got the plow. I was planning on charging an outrageous amount while I drive around so no one hires me. That way I really don't do any work. I will just be drive around town in my max having a good time!

you guys have all the fun. we can't push nothing but mud down here.

I live in city and was told by public safty if they catch me on road with plow they would fine me so i took pitchers oof the front end loaders and bob cats on the road so now they leave me aloan now my 20min driveway takes about 2 or 3 hours

Just got another plow in. 5 inches of heavy wet stuff. It pushed clean down to the pavement no problem. I even took it out back and plowed my field a little bit. I really had no need to do that, but it gave me a little more play time on my machine. When I got the plow, my dad thought it was going to be about useless and I would be much better off just continuing to use my 2 stage snow blower. Now that I've had a few chances to see what it will do, I can honestly say it does just as good of job, but I get a lot less blowback in my face and I'm less worried about catching a rock and throwing it through my basement windows. Also, plowing with the max is about 1000 times more fun that using my snowblower. Looks like the snowblower is going to sit around unused all winter this year.

I just ordered my plow and should be here within the week which brand of plow did you get and are you running tracks? what are you running for battery have you had problems with charging?

Get some video of it plowing

+ Reply to Thread