Basic demensions of Max IV roll cage...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Basic demensions of Max IV roll cage...

Someone on this board sent the specs to me a few years back. I will see if I can find them and post.
    At work right now.
    David

Hey Buggyman-thanks for using mine as an example! Rusty I'll be messing with mine tomorrow so I'll make some measurements and post them for you. I'm thinking like Buggyman though, they'll only be useful as a guide to get you started. I'd actually build one a little different if I didn't have one already installed. I'm 5'10" and this one works for me.

Thanks. I'm open to any suggestions.

OK Rusty here goes, hopefully this won't be too confusing to you but with the pic Buggyman posted I think you'll get the idea. First off, the OD of my structure was 1 5/8 inches. I'm going to call the front and rear bars loops and the inner bars connectors. The whole roll cage was held to the tub by a smaller tube welded to the angle bolted to the tub and secured with 2 bolts at each joint. The inner connectors were connected to the front and rear loops in the same fashion. The angle bolted to the tub was 2x2x1/8 inches. As near as I can tell it looks like all bends are on a 6" radius. The distance from the center of the front loop to the center of the rear loop where they bolt to the tub angle is 56 1/4 inches. The front loop from the tub angle to the beginning of the corner bend is 31 1/2 inches. The back loop from the tub angle to the beginning of the corner bend is 35 1/2 inches. There is 27" between the rollouts of the top bends on the front and rear loops. In other words, the top width. The front loop is vertical. The rear loop is angled towards the front of the Max app. 27 degrees.
    All 4 sides of the cage are angled inward app. 25 degrees. The top of the front loop is 37 1/2 inches above the tub mounting angle. The top of the rear loop is 42 1/2 inches above the tub mounting angle. The distance from the center of the front loop to the center of the rear loop is 44 3/4 inches. The connecting bars have about an 1 1/2 upward bend about 20 1/2 inches back from the center of the front loop.
    Now for the disclaimer.............I measured all this as accurately as I could, it may or may not measure out like this on yours. I also don't know if this is even a factory cage so use caution and if I can help you any further just shoot me a line. I also mentioned earlier I'd change this if I built it. I'd make the rear loop vertical where I could hang a cargo box on it easier. Probably wouldn't look as good though. Good luck with it!

Thank you for the info. It will be a big help to get things near what the roll cage
    looks like.

Rusty-check the "strange add ons" thread. Look at the Max 2 Adondo has posted. I like the way the rear loop is bent up and the diagonal braces on the rear, sure would be stronger than mine.

Lets see if I can get this to post.
    Max_IV_rollbar.jpg

Very, very helpful, wed4life! Thanks for sharing that with everyone.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That's much better than my "recipe" to build something by.

I'll get a better look at these pics from our home computer later. My phone is a bit
    small. Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure others will benefit from this as well.

+ Reply to Thread