Hauling deer with max iv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hauling deer with max iv

Hauling deer with max iv

I thought I'd share my method of hauling deer out of the woods with my max. This consists of a hardwood 2x4 attached to the roll cage with a pulley mounted on each end. It's designed to use the winch, but my winch needs remounted on a brush guard due to cracked plastic above the mount. (Soon to be fixed). As shown, I have a hand crank winch attached to the 2x4. I simply attach the hook to the gambrel, and crank away. Easy as can be! Hopefully the pics show up.
    Attached Images

Good concept. I've hauled many a deer out with my Max2s just roping the winch cable over the rollbar to the rear and hoisting the deer up to the back deck. Good hunting by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Good concept. I've hauled many a deer out with my Max2s just roping the winch cable over the rollbar to the rear and hoisting the deer up to the back deck. Good hunting by the way.
    Thanks. I've done that a few times, but noticed the winch cable was damaging the roll cage (cutting into it), and was also bad for the cable. I also had to remove the windshield. The 2x4 overhangs the windshield, so it can now remain in place.

Great idea. Has tons of uses, not just hanging and hauling deer.

Cool I think I may make one

I made a simple rack for mine, so handy for so many things and can be removed in like 2 minutes.

Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

I like that one too. I need too make a gun rack for mine.

+ Reply to Thread