Finally got a Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally got a Max IV

Sounds like you got it all under control Pat. They go back together much faster than they come apart. You should have plenty of time to work the bugs out before the races!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Hey Pat, you better check those Chap axles again...I think they are 1 3/16"
    Nothing wrong with using them, just use the right bearings and sprocket tubes.

Here's a new one. The clutch which says 1" with a 1/4 keyway will not fit on my engine with the 1/4 inch key in place. Anyone running a 94c witha 23hp briggs have this issue? The key fits perfectly in the key way on both parts individually. Is there a special 1/4 key that I am supposed to use?

Provided the parts are both cut 1/8 deep a standard 1/4x1/4 key should fit, sounds as if you may have a burr and perhaps some light filing or sanding is needed.
    Check the outboard end of the crank. chamfering the leading edges of the key may help a bunch as it helps it find it's way in.

I've run into some 94C clutches that weren't cut deep enough to accommodate a 1/4" X 1/4" key, but they always came with a piece of key stock attached to the new clutch (more like 1/4" X 3/16"). I think I've still got some of the key stock on hand. PM me your address and I'll send you a chunk.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

progress

So, work and certification exams for work severely limited my wrench time over the last 7 months. Now that all my exams are behind me i have been diligentky working on my machine. I thought i would share some photos of the trip from where it was to now. Here are some of the early pictures.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by patb069; 10-22-2014 at 12:14 AM.

coming along

Last edited by patb069; 10-22-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Looking good Pat!
    Banned

I had a 94c in my 1999 Max4, had the same issue, ended up going to Harbor Freight and bought a $10 multi-pac of keys. There had to be a 100 keys in the pack, and yes it included the size I needed.

+ Reply to Thread