Track holes.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Track holes.

Track holes.

Ok fellas got a Buffalo truck here recent and found some major issues that I had no clue to look for (look at my user name). Major body damage from track use and body sag, sag, sag. Matt if you're reading this, put some darn supports from the frame to hold the body up it's cheap and will keep customers happy for years to come.

I'm going to add some pics of the sag damage and the track damage, the track damage was from factory rubber tracks running 3-1/4 spacers in factory 21's and k-locks.
    There will also be a pic of my out of practice plastic welding job.

Lindsay testing out the Buffalo

Track cuts

Repair

Sag wear

Same thing only much worse case.

Ouch! That buff sure took a beating. I guess you learned a valuable lesson when buying a machine. Always look for holes above the tires. Even a bent axle can cause a tire to burn through a lower tub. Sorry about your luck on that one Jim.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Ouch! That buff sure took a beating. I guess you learned a valuable lesson when buying a machine. Always look for holes above the tires. Even a bent axle can cause a tire to burn through a lower tub. Sorry about your luck on that one Jim.
    You're right Drew, knew about the one machine, the other didn't even think to look.
    This is a case of buyer ignorance, had it been an Argo I'd see the sag without looking and check it probably a II also, the iv's and Buff's I just don't look at enough to know the lines automatically because I'm distracted by what the IV's do in the rear going down a trail.

Lesson learned and retained.

Some more repairs completed. Extensive remolding of a donor bedliner which seemed about the same thickness, flowed decent just using a heat gun and gasket scraper for compression.
    She should be water tight now.

Last edited by ARGOJIM; 03-28-2014 at 08:08 PM.

nice repair Jim. did the same for my green Attex. Now there is steel holding up the Attex body. Are you going to add some "Braces" to hold up your bottom.
    Acta non verba

Yes, there are plenty factory uprights to tie into horizontally.

hi Jim, 2 buffalo trucks, nice, where did you get 2 of them. they look good a little work and they will be digging. I have one and love it. like to see how you will put the braces in... take some pics. will talk to you some more.

Mike

Got a package, selling some, keeping some. My plan is to just tie in to the seat uprights and bump frame uprights, had the seat belt cross bracket been tied into the seat frame it would have helped some. The one I'm patching has full length angle iron with angle iron welded to dump frame and bolted to the lengthwise piece to fix the sag already. I'll try to get a pic or 2 of that tomorrow.

Looks like that repair should hold up pretty well, Jim!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Here are the pictures of one that has added support to it, full length angle and cross angle bolted to dump support.
    It's a good easy job that seems to be holding well, I would have not cut through the body.

Taking this one out for a test drive tomorrow in NY, then some body repairs and bracing.

+ Reply to Thread